• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Are there any internet articles

jumpshot

Guest Walter

Trading 2, 1st rd picks (and Diaw) is ludicrious, Babcock-type behavior. We are NOT a player away from contending and we need currency. Given Pheonix would be resigning a player to the max, front-loaded contract knowing he does not want to play with them, I'd just assume call 'em on it. If they match, so be it. If they don't, better still. I don't mind the JJ at Pg experiment. I just don't want it to cost our ability to draft a big man, perhaps a pure Pg, and simply aquire more talent.

W

The picks will have a protection on them. This is not a Babcock type move. Babcock would give up two unprotected picks for some slug off the side of the street. BK values his draft picks, and he wouldn't deal them unless he was damn sure that this is the player he wants.

Joe Johnson is worth it. Lorenzen Wright wasn't.

Quote:

The proposed deal, according to sources, would bring guard Boris Diaw and
two lottery-protected future first-round picks
to Phoenix -- along with a trade exception in the $5 million range -- after Johnson signs a contract under terms established by Atlanta: $70 million over five years with an estimated balloon payment of $20 million up front.

Billy Knight is the best GM in the game.

and I don't think the odds of getting a star quality PG or C are that great outside of the lottery. Sure there are exceptions but there are a lot more busts/role players found outside the lottery than stars. I think the deal is fine. In fact, it is very close to a deal I proposed yesterday (Diaw/Delk/Collier/Boston Pick for JJ). I am not thrilled about the addtional future #1 but I can live with it with it as long as it is lottery proected.

Quote:

The picks will have a protection on them. This is not a Babcock type move. Babcock would give up two unprotected picks for some slug off the side of the street. BK values his draft picks, and he wouldn't deal them unless he was damn sure that this is the player he wants.

Joe Johnson is worth it. Lorenzen Wright wasn't.

Joe isn't not worth:

Max contract

5 million trade exception

2 1rst rounders

Boris Diaw

That's just crazy. The more I think about it, the

more I think Billy got hosed.

1) with a sign and trade, 5yr/70 million is not a 'max contract'...that is closer to 6/90

2) the draft picks are lottery-protected as stated in the ESPN article

3) see CBAreject's post as to why PHX gets a trade exception and how we in no way 'gave it up'...we never had it to start with smile.gif