Heat moving on up!

Buzzard

Miami has aquired Toine, Jason Williams, and James Posey in the largest player trade in NBA history. I am telling you, Miami hit the jackpot on this one.

They addressed all their needs in one felled sweep. Man, they are going to be tough next year (as if they were not tough enough last year!).

here is the link:

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nba/story/8699028

I like the depth they added. Three quality players at important positions. If Wade or Shaq are injured now they can still put a solid team on the floor.

And when they have a blow out going on they can rest their superstars and keep them healthy and happy. I think this is a really solid move and gives them as much quality depth as any team in the league.

I just don't agree... Wade, JWIll, Shaq and Walker

all like to have the ball. Shaq's gunna want his

shots and you can't take shots away from Wade, so

I don't know how Jason Williams is going to bhe

that effective. He isn't a good shooter... So with

him starting instead of Damon Jones they lose some

thing there.... Without the ball in his hands what

can he really do? He MIGHT be a worse defender than

Steve Nash to boot.

Just don't see it being that great. Having lots of

depth is good in theory, but considering the players

I have to doubt it will be as effective as the Heat

and some people think.

We agree to dis-agree. I like this a lot. I think the core is now Shaq, Wade, and Walker. I know you do not like Walker due to his defense but at SF instead of PF he gets a much better matchup.

Take Walker away from Boston and they do not make the playoffs last year. Haslem will still be the PF and JWill will get a grip or he will be on the bench quick.

Posey is a solid sixth man who can take over a game against 2nd team matchups. He is also a pretty good rebounder and defender in his own right.

i think its a great move for the HEAT

Jason Williams will do the same thing Damon Jones did but slightly better. Hes a better playmaker and passer- and will hit WIDE OPEN 3-pters. Dont worry too much about his D, its not as if Damon Jones was a topnotch defender.

A Walker will do great as the 3rd option on the team.

Put Walker at the 3rd spot- get a workhorse at PF (or start Haslem like last year) and theyll do fine.

if Oneal + Wade are healthy throughout the season, they are easily the favorites to win the EAST.

It's hard for Miami to screw up when they have Wade and Shaq. Although I wonder if putting a volume shooter like Walker on the team is a good idea. Do you really want Walker taking shots away from Wade or Shaq?

They must have gotten tired of the flaws in D Jones' game. It seems like they wanted more of a playmaker, even though Williams is a weaker outside threat.

• Moderators

Walker calmed down his volume shooting when he was in Dallas. He is a good passer and decent rebounder and should be able to jell with that lineup if he keeps his ego in check.

Jason Williams will need to do the same thing. Both love to shoot terrible 3s and aren't that good at them. However, the passing on this team has taken a huge upgrade.

It will be interesting to see how these guys work together defensively.

You should here the bitterness in Celtics fans voices already. It is awesome. They deserve this.

Walker plays defense. He isn't a top defender but to say he doesn't play defense is not true. He beat us his first game vs us by stealing the ball from Al. I am surprised you don't remember that.