• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What if Belkin is balking - because...

skaughtybee

Where?

I've looked for stories, and I've listened to 790 pretty much the entire day. The Hawks aren't taking a beating over this, because there is nothing to take a beating over. The only story is that the deal has a procedural snag. That's it.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

that's what this is. A bunch of people who have ZERO INSIGHT into what's going on, set their own deadline for all of this to become signed and official. When it didnt' happen and someone said "procedural snag' those people that had their own pre-determined timeframe for this to happen, just WENT OFF.

OH THIS IS BAD, because I had it in my head that it HAD TO HAPPEN TODAY, and it didn't, so that's bad. IT's just the hawks being the hawks, which is horrible. THis team is never going to do anything because it's management is idiots, THis is the most embarassing day in hawks history..

• Admin

the sports reporters in atlanta, the city where people would have MORE INSIGHT THAN ANYONE and MORE TO LOSE THAN ANYONE, aren't upset about it at all. the guys on 790thezone would JUMP at hte opportunity to go off about this. BUt they didn't, they said, basically, "yah it sucks, but no big deal, it'll get done".

It's everyone here running around like chicken little, THE SKY IS FALLING THE SKY IS FALLING. I'll just grab my umbrella and wait for the rain to stop...and hope I don't get trampled by all the chicken littles.

Quote:

Have you listened at all to sportstalk radio today in Atlanta?..This is the subject of every other caller..These are the same people the Hawks are trying to sell tickets too.

So you're calling Chillz and KB liars? Because they've been watching ESPN all day and listening to sports radio all day and haven't heard a thing.

Yes. I have listened to sportstalk in Atlanta all day. The story that is on everyone's mind is a real story....the Rafael Palmeiro steroid story.

There has also been some Chipper Jones talk and some talk about the Miami Heat.

Quote:

I would agree except the Hawks have been taking a beating all day in the national and local sports media and there has not been one word of response..If it was a nothing issue, if Belkin was in the Alps climbing mountains why not just say that..The Hawks know their image is fragile, they are not fools..They still need to seel tickets..So if it was nothing someone should come out and say its nothing..Instead, there is complete silence..

That's not true. Hell it wasn't even mentionned on PTI or Around the horn, and they'll pick up any story.

Also, since when do the hawks make anything public, good or bad, until it's a done deal

• Admin

it was talked about, sure. It's Atlanta nad that's what they cover. But it was NEVER blown out of proportion or taken to some crisis level, like some have here. Nobody was calling in freaking out and the hosts weren't calling us a complete embarassment.

Yeah I can understand the talk about Chipper too, cause of his health, his age, and the fact that his contract is gonna become even more of a huge drag on a team with an ever shrinking payroll.

BUT, he's also pretty much the face of the franchise and when he *is* healthy he's still one of the best hitters in baseball. I personally hope he retires a Brave and never plays a single game wearing another uniform. Just have to hope and pray he can stay as healthy as possible. It's looking over these past few seasons like his body is starting to break down, which would be a terrible shame at this stage of his career, when he can still hit like this....

Guest Walter

It's already a big deal. It tarnishes what was a positive move publically most of all to potential FAs. It gives the sports media one more thing to keep us down with.

I also think that since we're going on 24 hours of this it may be a bigger deal than just horrible PR. JJ CAN change his mind and Belkin or whoever may never shange "theirs".

Lastly, for BK to be castrated like this is a sign his job security may be more in question than we all thought. He is NOT "the man" callin g the shots like we thought.

W

Guest Walter

yes. Otherwise BK can stay. Still, it would seem from early indications one has to go. Lastly, if you're a FA, who do you want to talk to? Obviously Belkin is calling the final shot. Why talk to anyone else. THIS IS AWFUL!

W