• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

JJ may not be worth it

BlackHawkDown

We are giving up 2 first rounders and Boris, plus giving him a Max contract. WTF! I think we are giving away two much, esp. when we still need a legitamate Point. JJ is no Point!

Next when the hell did garbage Centers become such a commodity the Curry and Dalembert are worth more than 5 Million, How did we end up with Zaza for such a ridiculous sum. We should have been able to sign Dalembert and Kwame Brown for two Mid level exceptions.

JJ isnt a superstar, although I think he's a good addition, we are rushing things. Smith, Williams and JJ are a good Nucleus but we still need a real Center Not Zaza gabor. I feel another Christina Crawford coming to the Hawks! SMDH!

In a world in which Raef makes 10 mil per year, Antonio Davis makes 13.9 mil, Camby makes 7 mil, Croshere makes 8.9, and Brian Grant makes 14 mil, a young center with potential like ZaZa is worth 4 mil, especially to a team with a ton of cap space.

And JJ is worth his money. Diaw was doing nothing here. The Boston pick was probably going to be a scrub. I didn't want to give up what will probably end up being our 2008 1st rounder, but so be it.

• Admin

Boris and two mid-rounders is NOT a lot. When we get to a point that we are getting mid-first rounders instead of lotto picks, those players likely would be nothing more than trade bait.

JJ was a point for his entire career until this season. Even in college he was a point. He's not a superstar, YET. But anyone that says he can't be a superstar is insane. He's worth the contract.

Since when did 4mil per year a lot in the NBA? It's nothing. It's a low level contract for a solid young player.

keep in mind BLACKHAWKDOWN

that we're gonna have to overpay for ANY FREE AGENT (other than borderline NBA/NBDL players).

might as well overpay for a VERY GOOD PLAYER (ala Oneal/Garnett) then a mediocre player- right?

We're not getting Kobe, McGrady, Shaq, Duncan, Garnett, Wade, etc- even if they were UNRESTRICTED free agents this year. so we have to settle for the next best thing...

joe johnson.

• Premium Member

When is the last time the Hawks had a legit Big Guard that could shoot it? I believe it was Smitty and I like JJ more than Smitty.

We will see if he can be a full time PG but he will instantly make everybody on this team a better player.

We are getting the better end of this deal by far!