• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Fans Need a "W"---Special to the Squawk

jaywalker72

Today will determine whether or not the Hawks will ever be competitive again. If Belkin wins, then the Hawks are likely finished. If the others win, the Hawks move forward and work on dumping Belkin's lousy ass out of the ownership group.

BTW, I agree with your comment.

• Premium Member

The most telling sign in all of this is Billy Knight. That man says NOTHING. If Belkin wins though, there is something much uglier on the horizon. Atlanta is not LA, and this city barely supports the franchise as it is.

Imagine what would happen if we were actually "Clipperized"... Could things get serious enough that the NBA actually would consider moving the franchise?

But again, I don't see how Belkin could win in that, improbable, scenario either; because our owners would never agree to such a thing.

I just don't see how this makes any sense for Belkin...

Thanks for the article, I feel this nut has stabbed me and the entire franchise in the back. As you have said in this well written article, I am a hawk fan that WILL stay away. mad.gif As long as belkin holds power, I cannot and will not support this team. I will lurk, but support, I simply can't do it.

JayWalker,

It's good to see you around, and I hope everything is going well in your life. Great read, thank you, and it does make me feel a bit better. I'm at a very low point right now, but I'm still a true fan, and will deal with the hardships that comes along with it. I will attend most of the home games, but my voice will be heard to Belkin, and I can only hope things change. I hope Joe Johnson ends up being a Hawk, and I hope Belkin wises up to find the closest exit door.