• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Yao Ming

ersimo2889

If you read his chat with David Aldrige, Yao Ming seems to have the right attitude towards playing the game, and is very mature. For those skeptics out there, I think he'll get 18 points and 12 rebounds per game this year. After all, you're not a #1 draft pick for nothing (unless you're named Kwame Brown or Pervis Ellison).

http://espn.go.com/nba/columns/aldridge_david/1426822.html

As a person, u can tell that he wont be causing any TROUBLE in houston (weed, skipping practices, legal issues, etc...). I like the positive influence he will have in the game.

I like how he gave RESPECT where it was due... he didnt say THAT HE COULD EAT SHAQs LUNCH any day of the week. He gave props to DIVAC, SABONIS, ROBINSON, etc...

As a player, the guy can give u 12 ppg/9 rpg/3 bpg this year (thats my predictions for this guy). Many teams would want these numbers for their starting center. He also has range in his shots.

So far, he seems to be handling the pressure well. Hes still pretty raw... but hes living up to his #1 pick so far.

Yea im asian, but im not related to Yao Ming or anything... lol

I mean, theres good asians and bad asians

Theres good white people and bad white people

Theres good black people and bad black people

etc... list goes on

If Yao Ming was a weed-head with an Attitude problem, i would not support him in any way. But thats not the case...

out of curiosity, do u like/dislike Yao Ming?

You are South Korean right? I wouldnt think that anyone would be foolish enough to make the statement that a south korean person would be biased FOR a Chinese man. That being based strictly on politics alone anyways. I can say from my time in Korea that most koreans are not friendly concerning the Chinese people as a whole.

Even though the Chinese and S.Koreans may sqaubble, most second generation Asian Americans dont hold it to heart. I assume cyman3 is second generation. So trying to label me ignorant is a lame. The only group a Korean American might actually have real beef with is the Japanese who continue to oppress ethnic Koreans within their borders. This isnt meant as an insult. But Even though I have more education than you I am just an ignorant buffoon who knows nothing about the world. Right?

PS using your arguement I guess I have a problem with African Americans since I'm African, etc. etc.

Actually I apologize for making mention of education, that has nothing to do with this debate. I think I was a little annoyed by your comment. Our education levels have nothing to do with this. Frederick Douglass and Malcom X never went to College and look at their intellectual prowess. And look at George Bush a Harvard MBA yet dumb as dirt.