• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

SISSYBALL

BlackHawkDown

A Lot of you have called me a racist for calling so many white players sissyballers, even though I have called black players sissyballers. Well last night was a prime example of 12 white players playing hard and 12 black players,for the most part, playing SissyBall. Argentina won because the US is playing small Ball without a respectable center. The US shot way to many 3s was constantly trying to draw fouls and get to the charity stripe. While Argentina, though having there sissyball moments took it to the hole;with more style than the unatheletic Dirk Diggler and Matt Harpring. SISSYBALL, SISSYBALL all night on the part of the black US team. It disgust me personally because of Argentina's racist immigration policies and their oppression of their Native American population, not that the US is much different. But I digress.

This wasn't about race, this is about heart, and only a handful of US players showed any last night. Argentina should have lost but instead the played hard a won. But thanks to George Karl the US looked like the Sissyballing Milwalky Bucks, take 200 jumpers and never dunk.

Sissyball isn't about race its about being a candy @ss when you should be a man.

• Admin

we have great individual players. But we have no chemistry. The team that beat us has played together for a long time. They know each other, they know where to be on both offense and defense. Our team doesn't know that because they don't care. They expect to win because they are NBA players. This has been a long time coming. It will only get worse as time goes on.

One of the Argentinian players pointed out the lack of chemistry. He said they would be unbeatable if they played as a team. He said that guys would miss their spots on defensive rotations and be out of place on offense. It's a team sport, doesn't matter how many all-stars you put on the team.

I predicted a U.S. defeat to the hands of a foreign team months ago. This foreign team develops all its legit players overseas in Europe, NOT in the Americas. It's not a wonder why. The European game has surpassed the American game. The Argentinians ran middle school level, simple screen and rolls and back door cuts and made their perhaps more athletic counterparts look like they didn't understand the game. I say perhaps because Argentina has always had athletic teams. Still, whatever it is about the European game that BHD finds "sissy" is the same thing that beat us and will continue to beat us more and more as foreign teams continue to improve while we stand still in terms of basketball development, coaching, teaching, etc. I call Euro-ball an exercise in the fundamentals or "smart ball" and it's about time the US returned to its roots and teach skills over preach hops.

In reply to:

"Argentina should have lost but instead the played hard a won."

Playing hard is not a trait of American basketball anymore than European basketball. Effort does not change by crossing the Atlantic. It wasn't that Argentina took on an American style of basketball by playing hard. They did play harder but they continued to play European basketball, basketball that is extremely aggressive, though not as physical if only because European referees call tighter games, basketball that is highly skilled.

It was not the type play of America and European tought players that changed, but rather Black Hawk Down's characterization of primarily European basketball that was and still is in error. In fact, this game was a continuation of the progression regarding foreign basketball relative to American basketball. Foreign teams have been playing more and more up to the level of US competition to the point that now they can compete against it nearly night in and night out even if they are a much smaller country with FAR less talent, resources, etc. BHD's racially biased inability to perceive this continuing trend is demonstrated not only in his accross the board generalizations about white and almost entirely (all save the BHD fave Tony Parker) white European basketball players but his ridiculous assertion that 7 black coaches, including 2 first year black coaches, are better than any white coach (Phil Jackson), that every single black coach is amongst the top 15 best NBA coaches save John Chaney, and that the 3 worst coaches are all white (coincidentally, Brown was ranked #28th because the game had passed him by but Lenny Wilkens was ranked 10th!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?).

Be a man BHD. Face that for you it is very much about race. As far as the Euroleague-trained Argentinians, they played the same fundamental, smart, skilled game they have always played. As for Yugoslavia, expect the US will be very hungry.

W

Man what's going on. I realize all the team work and stuff like that. But our team is far superior and we should win regardless. Yes basketball is a team sport. The USA Team's lowest ranked player in the world is something like 50th probably. Regardless of coach or teamwork other countries are not this close behind us. I do expect them in 15 to 20 years to be close, but not now. I'm glad the announcers keep mentioning the elite's names and saying how they could be here, but they declined the offer. I don't blame the guys out there trying, I blame the one's at home watching the game on TV. By the way, why don't we have tons of fans at these games. I think if we just had Kevin Garnett on this team, it would make a world of difference.

• Admin

reggie miller is the only leader on that team. Everyone else is a bunch fo selfish, me first players who know more about getting their shot off than actually playing the game. It was going to happen eventually, might as well have been now.

It's sad that those guys will forever be remembered as the first "dream team" to get beaten. But like I said, it would have happened eventually.

• Admin

Who would have ever thought this could have happened. I wasn't interested in the Worlds since I figured that it was going to be a USA blowout victory. I am actually looking forward to watching the medal rounds now since the outcome is now not known.

Its about heart.

These scumbag players don't represent the

US...They represent the greed that has made

them soft as contracts have gotten more bloated...

I'd rather the US team not show up than actually

lose.Embarassing.