• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Anybody else sick and tired of Golf?

Plainview1981

Golf is one of my favorite sports to watch. (Especially on a lazy Sunday afternoon, from the couch. I never catch more than an hour of it before falling asleep.) I need to work on my game though.

• Admin

yah i'm with zach, I love watching it. Hell, I've never even played Golf. But I love watching it. You can say it takes skill. But you obviously don't appreciate the skill involved. Otherwise you would enjoy watching it.

I don't see how you think they shove it down anyones throats either. The TV schedule isn't much different than it has been for years now.

Quote:

I don't see how you think they shove it down anyones throats either. The TV schedule isn't much different than it has been for years now.

Talking about ESPN.

I link it to deer hunting and fishing. Just because it

takes skill to do something that doesn't mean he it has

to be considered exciting.

Quote:

the difference in skill level between hunting/fishing and golf is about equal to the distance between the earth and mars.

It depends on what you're hunting or fishing for! (note the preposition's placement!) Let's just say, hypothetically, that a bunch of us took a hunting trip up to Boston to hunt the wild, roguish Belkin. You can imagine how difficult it would be to track down a snake like that!

Golf is actually ten times more fun to play than watch. I enjoy playing golf but I am that that interested in watching it unless it is a playoff hole. I do agree that it is being televised too much but i don't think there is any other alternate. it definetly beats poker, fishing and other stupid sport shows.

• Premium Member

I like to watch movies about golf like Happy Gilmore, Tin Cup, and CaddyShack 1 & 2.... Haha.. just joking.

I watch golf. I think it's funny to see guys choke... I think it's funny to see Tiger play because the camera follows Tiger even if he's #126... Because you know, they got to see if he will make the cut. But Tiger is the funniest of them all to watch. He has a picture perfect swing but the ball doesn't always land on the fairway. He's in the rough a lot.. But he's good enough to go into the rough on a par far, get the ball on the green next stroke and either one or 2 put it.

When I'm watching I create bad guys and good guys. Like Tiger, O'Mera, Mickleson.. Good guys. Kid from Spain, anybody who has never won a major.. Bad guy...

• 2 weeks later...

Quote:

yah i'm with zach, I love watching it. Hell, I've never even played Golf. But I love watching it. You can say it takes skill. But you obviously don't appreciate the skill involved. Otherwise you would enjoy watching it.

I was reading about the little girls that supposed to be

the next Serena and Venus of golf and it made me think

about it again.

I just don't understand it. But if you are interested

here is the girls website. No matter what, to win all

those events at that age is amazing:

http://www.gingerandrobbi.com/pages/7/index.htm

Quote:

i personally love golf, i play at least once a week, but dont enjoy watching it, unless its a playoff hole or relatively close the final few holes.

fishing can be informative but thats about it..the catch doesnt excite me.

Fishing is great if you get to eat what you catch. I pretty much feel that way about anything slower/more stupid than me that I can catch and eat.