• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What is the best Sports Movie...

Diesel

• Premium Member

I thought his plan in Rocky IV was to win over the crowd and knock the guy out in the 15th round. Then he could make the speech about I change, you change, everybody change!... all in 45 minutes??

Impressive was Rocky's workout from that movie. The situps off the top bunk were great...The race to the top of the mountain was cheezy... How'd he get down?

What I found interesting...

Appollo: We always have to be in the middle of the action 'cause we're the warriors. And without some challenge, without some damn war to fight then the warriors might as well be dead, Stallion. Now I'm asking you - as a friend - stand by my side this one last time.

At Appollo's funeral

Rocky:There's a lot I could say about this man, but I don't know if it matters now. I guess what matters is what he stood for, what he lived for, and what he died for. You always did everything the way you wanted it. And I didn't understand that, but now I understand. I'll never forget you, Apollo. You're the best."

.......IRONY!

• Premium Member

Adreian:It's suicide. You've seen him, you know how strong he is. You can't win.

Rocky: Oh, Adreian. Adreian always tells the truth. No, maybe I can't win. Maybe the only thing I can do is just take everything he's got. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that. I don't know.

It's all about HEART!

• Moderators

Quote:

Conney must have emplored this plan when he fought Holmes.

I think the most famous case is ROPE A DOPE...

Ali vs. Foreman.

Ali did that exact thing (while not being hit in the head), Ali just leaned on the ropes and gave forman all the forarms and body blows he wanted...

I think Joe Frazier made a living off of the ideal, I will take 10 shots to get in my 1. That works good for guys with Good movement and a strong punch.

I totally agree with you about Ali and Frazier - except I think they did the total opposite of Rocky. Rocky just let his face be repeatedly beaten by the guy who was stronger than he was.

Ali dodged and deflected the powerful blows so that his oppoenent got nothing but glancing shots in and wore himself down.

Frazier was much stronger than his opponents and would give up several glancing blows to get that 1 really good punch in that would do more damage than the other guy's so/so swings.

Rocky did the dope strategy. Let the stronger fighter take unfettered shots at your most vulnerable spots until he wears out. Definitely not the strategy employed by Ali or Frazier!