• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What is the best Sports Movie...

Diesel

• Premium Member

Some of the greatest movie quotes:

"I Pity the fool"

" What's my prediction for the fight...... PAIN"

" Mick... Mick.... Mick... when yoiursoursjopdoutwowengflugslnngoiutgheohsnoeouoghslhjgljeoursj ... UGH!!! UGH!!!"

"Hey woman, Hey woman! Your husband won't fight me because he's not a real man. I know you lay up at night dreaming you had a real man. Well, why don'tcha come over to my apartment tonight and I'll show you a real man"...

"Eye of the Tiger.. Eye of the Tiger ROCK"

• Premium Member

Tony:

You find out life's this game of inches, so is football. Because in either game - life or football - the margin for error is so small. I mean, one half a step too late or too early and you don't quite make it. One half second too slow, too fast and you don't quite catch it. The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break of the game, every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone else around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when add up all those inches, that's gonna make the [censored] difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!

• Premium Member

Coach Boone: Are your parents here?

Bertier: Yes.

Coach Boone: Good.

[nods his head at Gary's mom]

Coach Boone: You take one last good look at her. Cause once you step on that bus you aint got your mama anymore. You got your brothers and you got your daddy. You know who your daddy is, doncha? Gary, if you want to play on this football team, you answer me when I ask you who is your daddy? Who's your daddy, Gary? Who's your daddy?

Bertier: You.

Coach Boone: And who's team is this, Gary?Is this your team? Or is this your daddy's team?

Bertier: Yours.

Coach Boone: Now get on the bus. Put on your jacket first and get on the bus.

• Premium Member

One more:

"If you stand toe-to-toe with this bum, he'll kill you. It doesn't take a man to stand there and get your head beat off...! He's just a man, Rock, so be MORE man than him! Go get him; Eye Of the Tiger! "

BTW, this had to be the LONGEST in between rounds ever...

• Moderators

Speaking of Rocky, isn't the Ivan Drago movie the funniest sports sequence ever?

Drago is so pumped on steroids his punches are like being hit by a car. Rocky realizes, that he has a weakness, though - his stamina.

Rocky then comes up with a brilliant plan. Let Drago freely punch Rocky in the face so many times that Drago wears himself out. Then Rocky proceeds to be repeatedly beaten in the heat by Drago's superpowerful punches until Drago wears out and Rocky has just enough left in the tank to take him out and regain pride for cold-war USA.

His plan was intentionally being punched in the head without even trying to dodge or deflect the blows.

Quote:

His plan was intentionally being punched in the head without even trying to dodge or deflect the blows.

This plan is used by a few real-life boxers too. Doesn't always work! smile.gif Mayorga comes to mind.

• Premium Member

Conney must have emplored this plan when he fought Holmes.

I think the most famous case is ROPE A DOPE...

Ali vs. Foreman.

Ali did that exact thing (while not being hit in the head), Ali just leaned on the ropes and gave forman all the forarms and body blows he wanted...

I think Joe Frazier made a living off of the ideal, I will take 10 shots to get in my 1. That works good for guys with Good movement and a strong punch.