• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Tyson Chandler Figure Rises to the Surface

Hawkzzz21

Ok, this is the first figure I have seen for Chandler.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives...at_bulls_offer/

6 years for 64 million.

Couldn't we beat that? Something like 5 years for 65 million? Or could we afford to give him 70 million over 5 years?

Chicago might match, but I think it's worth the try. Chandler is perfect for us, if we play a very up tempo style. Need a big man that can get up and down the court good.

I'm already excited about seeing our team, the way it is now. I just know landing Chandler, would be the cherry on top. Or actually, he might be the cherry and a nice cup cake too! Just the excitement of adding a player like this to our team, is great. We land Chandler. I think we could then let the playoff talk begin!!! cool.gif

I'm pretty sure Chicago would match whatever we offered. I don't think he's worth the a max deal though. He may be the best defensive center in the league, but he brings little to nothing to the table on the offensive end. I think about 10 mil a year is a fair offer for him.

• Admin

I am just amazed at how selfish these players are. You are getting offered over 10 million a year and that is not enough? What have you done in this league so far to think you deserve more? Have you carried the team? No. Have you even averaged double figures in points? No. You are a good power forward with a bad back that does not even start for your team. Yet, your gm is willing to give you over 10 million a season and thats not good enough. Crazy.

• Premium Member

Honestly, I don't think it's the players (or most of them anyway). Many players don't even understand the mechanics behind their paycheck (the CBA).

These guys know their worth and I would even go so far as to say that many of them would ball for a fraction of the league minimum. (Sh!t, I'd take 300K and, what is it...$100 a day MEAL TICKET per diem?). However, it's these agents who know team's bottom lines and knowing what teams can afford to pay.

They tell Chandler to simply hold out and act upset; the news will get out and someone will come to the rescue thinking they got a shot at signing him.

I like Tyson a lot...

BUT

The dude is 22years old and already has Back Problems. Do we really want to offer up yet another MASSIVE contract to someone that, until this point, is somewhat unproven? We aren't talking about Amare or KG here.

Tyson reminds me a lot of a young Theo Ratliff. So my question then would be; "Would you give Theo Ratliff a max contract 3-5 years ago?" If not, then you'll understand why I dont think we should offer a MAX deal.

I'm new here guys, glad to be on board and away from the GAWD AWFUL ESPN boards....

GO HAWKS!

• Moderators

I like Tyson better than Ratliff, myself. He is taller and has more physical talent that could translate into a bigger impact on the court, IMO. He has a great attitude. The risk factor is definitely his back.

I don't think Chandler is worth the max, and I don't think the Bulls would let him go no matter what he was offered. I say if you're going to pay for a big man, he should at least be able to score consistently down low. If you can't find a guy like that, then get a less expensive guy that brings rebounding or defense or occasional scoring. Those guys can definitely be found.

Quote:

I am just amazed at how selfish these players are.

if someone offered you a $500,000 salary job... u'd be happy. but if it was guaranteed that u can get $2 million for the same job and ur sure as hell that many people are willing to pay u that much- would u take it?

or say "nah, $500,000 is cool... im happy" and leave it at that?

players are tryin to get the most they can. its all business. nothing wrong w/ tryin to get as much $$$ as u can. esp in free agency negociations.

I see a lot of you are off the Tyson Chandler Bandwagon. Last I heard, it sounded like the Hawks was going to stay away from both of the Chi-Town Boys.

I didn't see nobody disagree with the Chandler here, we can count on playoffs thing. So if not Chandler. Is there any other F/A out there, that could put us in a playoff contention for this year?

I do think the Hawks are looking for another big man. I was under the impression, that we would be trading for a big man, that played very few minutes last year. Edwards was signed. Maybe the Hawks will make some sort of announcement soon, to clarify the recent signings.

Quote:

Quote:

Is there any other F/A out there, that could put us in a playoff contention for this year?

No. There is no way we are making the playoffs this year. 06-07 will mark the return of our winning ways

I wouldn't go as far to say "no way". After all, we are a young team that can improve in a hurry. We would be in position at the trading deadline, to add salary. I think a "Tyson Chandler" type accuisition would put us in the top 8 of the Eastern Confernce. Without losing Al of coarse.

I say we are longshots for the playoffs, as our team stands now. I wouldn't say there is no hope at all, considering what our team might look like when we get into the 2nd half of the year.