• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

MNF Eagles vs Falcons

thesource966

my heart wants falcons to win... but the truth is

A) Falcons never play well on MNF (but this isint Mora Jrs fault- he played no role in the LOSSES in MNF)

B) EAGLES are the best team in the NFC going INTO the season

so going w/ a realistic prediction, i predict 21-17 eagles.

HOWEVER, if we execute better than the other team- we definitely have a chance to win. but i got a feeling, even if we DO WIN...

ESPN will talk about the miscommunication b/t McNabb + Owens and how the eagles need to get their act together. i dont think they'll give us much PROPS.

I don't think the Eagles will score 31 points in the Dome. Carolina was the only team to do that last year and the Falcons still won. I don't think either team is going to put up a lot of points or move the ball consistently but I think Falcons are going to make enough plays to squeak this one out.

Quote:

I don't think the Eagles will score 31 points in the Dome. Carolina was the only team to do that last year and the Falcons still won. I don't think either team is going to put up a lot of points or move the ball consistently but I think Falcons are going to make enough plays to squeak this one out.

Falcons don't stay a chance... When was the last time

they beat Philly? grin.gif

i wont go so far to say that WE HAVE NO CHANCE.

last year we were 11-5. regardless of the schedule/teams we played, 11-5 is 11-5. there are no easy games in the NFL.

if someone has a chance to beat eagles in the NFC, its us- we have the best chance.

and home field advantage is crucial (esp FOOTBALL).

I think it comes down to the 4th quarter. whichever team makes the bigger plays down the stretch wins.

well im excited! cant wait til MNF!!!

Mora uses the preseason very poorly. This isn't the Falcons first regular season game. It's their 6th preseason game. The offense will not get one single touchdown against Philly. The only way the Falcons get a TD, will be by defense or special teams crossing the goal line, or giving them field position inside the 20 yard line.

Eagles win 10 to 6.

Vick will play terrible, and make bad decisions. However, it will be the receiver corps that get blamed!

Michael Vick = Antoine Walker

Your best player on the field/court, that does so many good things, but give it away in mistakes, and poor decisions.

• Admin

They didn't do anything? THEY WON THE [censored] GAME! What more should they have done? What happened last season means jack [censored]. Two different teams in a different season. Give me a [censored] break talking about last season like it means anything now. That's about as lame as lame gets..

We beat a team that we hadn't been able to beat. Our defense shut them down and our offense scored enough to win. That's all that really matters. Save the crying about the trash talking. This is football. Trash talking is a part of the game. Philly talked plenty of trash last year and coming into this game. If they're upset they need to find a new profession.

Quote:

They didn't do anything? THEY WON THE [censored] GAME! What more should they have done? What happened last season means jack [censored]. Two different teams in a different season. Give me a [censored] break talking about last season like it means anything now. That's about as lame as lame gets..

We beat a team that we hadn't been able to beat. Our defense shut them down and our offense scored enough to win. That's all that really matters. Save the crying about the trash talking. This is football. Trash talking is a part of the game. Philly talked plenty of trash last year and coming into this game. If they're upset they need to find a new profession.

They played one really good period out of four on offense.

I should say the offense didn't do anything.. In might be

a different season, but the playoffs mean alot more than

the first game off the regular season. Last yeras playoffs

mean alot more than the first regular season game. Sorry

to tell you.

Why didn't they talk trash during the game? Cause they

are chicken shyt. I don't have any real love for Philly,

but shyt was weak.

• Admin

last years playoffs don't mean ANYTHING now. How do you not understand that? Two different teams, with different playres, playing games a year ago mean nothing today. get it?

I mean seriously, what kind of lameness are you talking? How does it matter that our offense was only really good in one quarter? Games are won by who scores the most points, period. Not by who had good offense for four quarters... You're just making lame excuses to try and diminish the win..

And they were talking plenty of trash during the game. D.Hall was up in TO's face all through the game, talking trash. The defense was talking trash the entire game.. It's not like they waited till the game was over and then started talking smack..

Quote:

last years playoffs don't mean ANYTHING now. How do you not understand that? Two different teams, with different playres, playing games a year ago mean nothing today. get it?

I mean seriously, what kind of lameness are you talking? How does it matter that our offense was only really good in one quarter? Games are won by who scores the most points, period. Not by who had good offense for four quarters... You're just making lame excuses to try and diminish the win..

And they were talking plenty of trash during the game. D.Hall was up in TO's face all through the game, talking trash. The defense was talking trash the entire game.. It's not like they waited till the game was over and then started talking smack..

What's so different about the players on the team? I

don't remember the teams making THAT many changes. The

main parts still look to be the same to me. I don't have

to diminish the win... The game after the first period

was crappy. Both QB's were not effective.. The running

game was nowhere to be found.

I prefer defense, but I expected somebody to make a play last night and nobody did anything after the first the

first period. The Falcons should wait until they actually

beat Philly in a game of real importance before they

talk trash.

Don't remember seeing much trash talk from ATL until after

the game. Guess I wasn't focused enough on it. But it wasn't

a very impressive game from either side last night.

• Admin

The falcons added two new players on defense, D.Hall is a significantly better player than last year. Our offense has four new players in it, several of which are rookies. I think all told we have four rookies in our starting lineup this season. That's a significant change... unless you think one or two players don't really mean anything in the context of the game..

For a guy that says he prefers defense, you seem oblivious to its role in making the offense look crappy and the QB's ineffective..

Explain to me how it's not a big win when you beat a team that had beaten you six straight times, playoffs included? A team that has owned the conference you want to win.. Is it a big game in the context of an entire season? NO. There are 15 more games to play.. Is it a big game in the development of this team? absolutely. I don't see how you can't grasp that.

did. Heck, the trash talking started an HOUR before game time and never stopped. Trotter and Mathis got kicked out for fighting an hour before the game and then the teams almost had ANOTHER big fight at midfield due to all the trash talk that was going on.

Trotter started all that BS by trying to intimidate the Falcons by crossing over midfield and entering the Falcons' half of the field while they were stretching. He was talking trash about making the Dome the Eagles house and the Falcons were not trying to hear it. As big Ed Hartwell said, "we are grown men, the NFL is full of grown men and we are not going to be intimidated, particularly in our own house." The Falcons players not only didn't back down, they stepped up and hit the Eagles right in the mouth when the game started. There is no doubt in my mind that the Falcons have the physical and mental toughness to compete with ANY team in the league. Go Falcons!