• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

how many wins this year for the hawks?

nugzfan

Quote:

I've seen teams with less talent and potential do it... Why not us.

ALSO, I see that no one cared to look at the list of who I believe we can beat and how many times?

WHEN you examine the list, you will also see the 40 wins is possible.

Why?

1.The Hawks are an extremely bad defensive team and getting

JJ and ZaZa isn't going to change that.

2.Hawks have little depth on the bench

3.I believe the Hawks start off on an extremely hard road

trip and as always that will put them in a hole early.

4.Too many good teams.

5.Al Harrington is the teams best low post threat. Yikes!

7.I don't think the Joshes are really to truly help a team

win.

The best problem is the Hawks will be unable to defend. That

weakness wasn't really improved on this offseason.

Some of your points are true, however I think the Hawks have much better depth this year than last year on the bench.

First off the Joshes are 1 year removed from being a rookies. They are stronger and should be better.

Secondly, you have starters from last years squad coming off the bench this year...that is a good thing.

Lue, Collier, Delk, one of the Joshes will all probably come off the bench. They were at one time all starters last year. Plus you add in arguebly the most potentially talented rookie in Marvin Williams and a sharp shooter name Salim off the bench. AGAIN this is a much deeper talented team than last year.

Never discount experience as an improving factor even if it is one year.

I see 26 wins.

How do you know that no one looked at your list? That's absurd to assume that no one looked at it. You are so pompous.

I looked at it back when you posted it, and I think you are banking on our winning nearly every game we have a shot to win. You had us beating Washington 4 times. I think that's crazy. We can beat Wash, but they are solid, with or without Hughes. We're just not good enough to sweep a season series from a team...even the Bobcats. It's not that we don't have the talent. We don't have the experience or discipline to show that kind of consistency. We'd have to consistently play very, very strong D to win 40 games, and I don't think we're mature enough to do it.

• Premium Member

Quote:

4.Too many good teams.

win.

1. I agree. We haven't gotten a whole lot better defensively... BUT... Zaza will help us with rebounding that will limit second shot opportunities and JJ will be a much better defender of the PGs... The main thing is the boost we get offensively!

2. On the bench... we have Delk, Salim, Marvin, and Ivy all wondering will they even get to play. I think we lack depth at C, but you never know what we will get in John Edwards?

3. The first six road games are:

Golden State, Clipps, Blazers, Spurs, Mavs, Hornets. Of those.. I thnk we can take 3 with a poossibility of taking 4. The point is that I'm predicting >50% of our game are victories... So this fits...

4. Too Many good teams? Where?

5. Al Harrington is 6'9 250 and he has good post moves. IN the post, he will destroy a weak defender...

7. If you don't think the Josh's are ready, then you missed the second half of last season. I think they will be very stable...

• Premium Member

Who is the shooter for Washington?

I think the only thing that Washington have that can help them beat us is Heywood. I think you have overestimated Arenas and underestimated Hughes... Moreover, Caron Butler is washed up...

I think that we will see more as we watch the games. Notice, there was some series, I think we just get totally skunked mainly because of maturity.. Like Miami, Seattle, and San Antonio... I don't see us getting a victory out of those games....Even though Coaching wise, you have to wonder about Seattle.

Quote:

Quote:

4.Too many good teams.

win.

1. I agree. We haven't gotten a whole lot better defensively... BUT... Zaza will help us with rebounding that will limit second shot opportunities and JJ will be a much better defender of the PGs... The main thing is the boost we get offensively!

2. On the bench... we have Delk, Salim, Marvin, and Ivy all wondering will they even get to play. I think we lack depth at C, but you never know what we will get in John Edwards?

3. The first six road games are:

Golden State, Clipps, Blazers, Spurs, Mavs, Hornets. Of those.. I thnk we can take 3 with a poossibility of taking 4. The point is that I'm predicting >50% of our game are victories... So this fits...

4. Too Many good teams? Where?

5. Al Harrington is 6'9 250 and he has good post moves. IN the post, he will destroy a weak defender...

7. If you don't think the Josh's are ready, then you missed the second half of last season. I think they will be very stable...

1.ZaZa is a 25MPG player. He will give some rebounding

help... But you have a young team with no bulk, very little

shot blocking and the only 7 footers are the team are stiffs.

2.Delk shouldn't see many minutes. He can't really do any

thing but score and really low shooting percentages. He

tends to be a block hole and doesn't play any defense. The

main problem is the lack of experience off the bench.

Second of all, if Marvin is as bad as you say he will not

help much anyway. But either way he's a rookie.

3.The Hawks will be lucky to go 1-6. Yes, teams like the

Clippers aren't that good and at home the Hawks have about

a 50/50 chance of winning the game. On the road? More like

a %25 chance.

4.Miami, Detroit, Indiana, Cleveland, NY, Chicago, Nets

are probably the best teams. Then you have Philly, The

Bucks and Orlando. The Hawks aren't even close to being

as good as any of these teams.

5.Al Harrington is at his best on the fast break were he

can get dunks. As a Pf he is undersized.... Basically, Al

is a less consistant and more athletic Shareef.

6.Putting up some numbers and winning are two different

things. The Hawks were horrible the second half of the

season.

Here is my predication for the next 3 seasons.

05/06 season 27wins Hawks finish with 4th worst record in the league. Draft Daniel Gibson or Rajon Rondo. Sign David Anderson to a contract deal. Jason Collier is lost to FreeAgency. Don't think there is a bigman other than worth drafting this high next year.

06/07season 38wins. Hawks will fall just short of making the playoffs,but will comeback stronger the follwoing season. Hawks finally gain respect in the league and are able to get a good FA to sign here.

07/08season 49 or 50wins. Hawks not only make playoffs but finish as the 4th or 5th seed in the playoffs. By this time teams like Detroit and even Miami because they are older will be on the decline.

I think we have the talent to win as many as 45, but realistically I think we'll win somewhere between 20-30 games. My hope is that we'll do all of our struggling the first part of the year and gel as a team as the year goes on. A strong finish would be a great stepping stone for the '06-'07 season.