Our starting 5 tonight...

y2kenta

should be....

C - Zaza

PF - Smoove

SF - Marvin

SG - JJ

PG - Lue

Just think about it. We're playing against a new Clippers team with a few new weapons, in Cat Mobley and Cassell. Aside from Al, Lue showed the most heart, passion, and control in the GS game. Lue also played very good D and ran the offense better than JJ. So Lue should start and D up Cassell while JJ plays against a more suitable Cat Mobley.

Childress should come off the bench atleaswt for tonight to provide the bench with some tenacity and all-around play. And if Marvin can continue playing well starting, then we could have a good chance to win this one tonight. Maggette is out injured so, Marvin won't have so many headaches tonight vs Quinton Ross. Besides Marvin played best on the team against J-Rich.

That leaves our only mismatch(atleast on paper), if any, with Smoove versus Brand. We could approach this 3 different ways:

1. Zone with the youngsters and prevent Brand from killing us inside all night.

2. Double with Marvin and make Q. Ross a shooter.

3. Put Zaza on Brand and Smoove on Kaman, which may allow smoove to roam inside and get more blocks

With Maggette out, we should have to only worry about Cassell, Cat, and Brand. With AL out, JJ should definately move to SG and take more of the scoring load. If Woodson is smart, he'll start backcourt of Lue and JJ to counter Cassell and Cat.

Maybe Smoove catches an elbow from Brand tonight which knocks him into last year...y'know, when he did something besides shoot mid-range jumpers.

No need to mess with things too much. Start Marvin, give more minutes to JJ, run a few more screens for Salim, pray that a backup C falls into our laps.

Man, you cats are really on Lue's back...Lue comes in the game and does what he is told...it was understood from the beginning of the year that Lue would coame in and play a lot of pick and roll/pop stuff...thats why he had the ball in his hands alot....evidently this coaching staff likes what Lue brings thats why he was brought back.

We have a lot of problems, I don't see Lue being one of them.

The ajc says Marvin will start tonight.

hopefully josh at pf

jj/chill/marvin/smoove/zaza

i'd like to see slim come in WHILE jj is in the game

i don't wanna see lue in the game unless jj or chill is still in

i wanna see batman get some mins to bother brand and get under his skin

i wanna see donta get 20 mins tonite

i'd like to see ivey get some of lue's mins...he is better defensively and the team gets more assists when he's out there than when lue is

slim should get to build his confidence with some wide open 3s...jj can get him those when he posts up or drives and then dishes out...lue doesn't ever get the ball to an open man...he dribbles down slowly, then passes to a covered man who either tries to beat his man or passes back to lue...he doesn't drive then find the open man or anything like that, so slim (or anybody else) doesn't get open looks when lue is pg

If you watched the game the other night you should know why everyone is on Lue. He is not the one making 70 million and I don't tune in every night to watch him at the top of the key dribbling the ball. Maybe he comes out tonight and distributes and plays a lot better. I hope so.

So the coaches said give the ball to the guy who makes 70 million and Lue proceeds to just dribble around because he wants to....best believe, if Lue was out there doing anything other than what Woodson wanted him to do...he would have not played as much...I think much of your disdain needs to be aimed at the staff.

If you look at some of my posts you will see that I have had some disdain for the staff as well. Lue needs to do what he does well and quit trying to do too much like he did the first night. Joe Johnson and Al Harrington have to be the focal point of this team, not Tyron Lue.

all lue had to do is kick the ball out when he got in the lane. same with zaza. as good as zaza's stats look, he, lue, and injuries (this is me calming down and realizing woodson isn't an idiot, and that the only reason the rooks were out there so long when GS was pulling away is that JJ and Al were hurting) destroyed any chances of the hawks winning that game. zaza did not pass the ball at all, not one time, and then he took bad shots instead of kicking it out to open shooters

I agree there was a lot of room for improvement from a lot of people. I just hope that some of the breakdowns from the other night are corrected tonight or are atleast improved. I want to see J.J. shine the way he did last year in the playoffs and he can't do that if the offense doesn't run through him.

Quote:

should be....

C - Zaza

PF - Smoove

SF - Marvin

SG - JJ

PG - Lue

Just think about it. We're playing against a new Clippers team with a few new weapons, in Cat Mobley and Cassell. Aside from Al, Lue showed the most heart, passion, and control in the GS game. Lue also played very good D and ran the offense better than JJ. So Lue should start and D up Cassell while JJ plays against a more suitable Cat Mobley.

Childress
should come off the bench atleaswt for tonight to provide the bench with some tenacity and all-around play. And if
Marvin
can continue playing well starting, then we could have a good chance to win this one tonight.
Maggette is out injured
so, Marvin won't have so many headaches tonight vs Quinton Ross. Besides Marvin played best on the team against J-Rich.

That leaves our only mismatch(atleast on paper), if any, with
Smoove versus Brand
. We could approach this 3 different ways:

1. Zone with the youngsters and prevent Brand from killing us inside all night.

2. Double with Marvin and make Q. Ross a shooter.

3. Put Zaza on Brand and Smoove on Kaman, which may allow smoove to roam inside and get more blocks

With Maggette out, we should have to only worry about Cassell, Cat, and Brand. With AL out, JJ should definately move to SG and take more of the scoring load.
If Woodson is smart, he'll start backcourt of Lue and JJ to counter Cassell and Cat.

Are you sure you were watching the Hawks first game? Because Lue was terrible. He isn't here to score, he is here to run the offense. JJ did that ten times better than Lue on opening night running the point and he hasnt done it scince college!

Chill coming off the bench? If anyone played with more heart than Al on opening night it was J Chill. It may not say that stat wise, but he was all over the place.