• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Sign Darvin Ham

pathway23

• Premium Member

Great Move by Babcock!!

I applaud this effort to get us into the playoffs.

Hamm is an athletic guy who can play the 3/4 positions. I don't know how he feels playing with Big Dog again but that's alright.

NOW. Ira playing the 2 doesn't bother me. Let the preseason battle between Ira and Dion begin!!!

Gentlemen, I think we are SET!!!

JT/DD

Ira or Dion/Email

BD/Hamm/CC

SAR/Hendu

Theo/Nazr

I wonder though....

Had DJ not gotten hurt, would we have considered going after Oakley??

• Admin

that every team needs to be a winner. I'm glad to see us getting someone who has proven himself. He's not going to wow you with his scoring but he's a blue collar player. Just what we needed really. Being able to rotate the 2/3 spots between bigdog/ira/dion/Hamm will be a nice thing to have.

now our 2nd unit is (you think?)

:

PG - Dickau

SG - Glover

SF - Hamm

PF - Hendu

C - Nazr

I think thats a nice second unit. Glover the primary option and offensive sets run off him.

you're right now its not so bad for Ira to start. There is enough firepower off the bench for him to provide defense to the starters and just a little offense.

• Admin

A really nice pickup. I think this solidifys Ira at the SG position and Dion off the bench. I think DG is more suited to a 6th man role because we are going to need some offence coming from the bench. Plus with Ira now in the starting lineup we have the permimeter defender who can guard the high scoring swingmen out there. I like Ham and what he will bring to the Hawks. He will provide good defence backing the Dog and can fill in if Hendu goes down. He can also get some garbage points here and there.

Nice job Pete, you are definitely making a winner out of the Hawks.

Babs has just transformed htis team in a matter of one year. He has aquired 2 prolific scorers in Reef and Big dog, with them he puts a couple of players that fit in perfect with this team. The hawks have 3 prolific scorers and we all know who they are. Then Babs add, although Theo was here before, this will hopefully be his first season with the Hawks (keep your fingers crossed).....Babs adds not 1 but 2, hardnose, high energy, scrappy players in Ham and Newble....what a mixture of players which is great, this is exactly what great teams are built. 3 great defenders in Theo, Ira and Darwin together with 3 premiere scorers in this league Big Dog, Reef and JT. I might be a little optimistic and biased here but IMO Babs has just built a championship caliber team, possibly the best team in the East, IMO top 3. What do you all think?

Pathway23....your right those are probably the number 1 backups at all the positions. Just remember that all 5 starters don't come out of the game at once, and all 5 backups don't come in as once. You will still see JT, Reef, or Dog staying in with the second group.

The signing of Ham is ok, but I was dreaming higher. It could have been a lot worse though, so I won't complain. Eastern Conference here we come!!!