• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Somone who IS doing their job...

Wretch

i agree

i like our talent and want to see them get some time to grow and gel together...it's a little early for doomsday speak

i do like woody as a development coach...and he knows how to motivate the young guys...smoove had 2 horrible lazy games and woody doesn't start him or sub him in early and smoove comes out and has a good game...however, i really don't like woody's subsitution patterns; u don't take out a hot guy like slim last night when we coulda won the game

i'm ok with woody until our guys are ready to contend, at which point we need a MUCH better in-game coach...but i'm also ok with replacing him if he doesn't improve in his patterns this year and it seems to hurt the guys and the team

Some of the players really don’t seem to have Coach Woodson’s back, so I have some concerns that they’re not united around their coach, and it’s making some of the players to show their lazy ways. I give all props to Billy Knight, but now it’s time for our coaching staff to take over, and bring out the energy in our players before they go onto the court.

I agree the players don't seem to listen to Woody and that is VERY bad. However, Woody is BK's guy and I doubt that BK will fire Woody. I just don't see that happening.

As for the players. We have talent on the team but I don't see it being used properly, and we have a gapping hole in the middle that is causing us huge problems on defense, and probably on offense. We have to get a big man to get more competative. ZaZa is a good player and great to have but we need that bulldozer in the middle and that is BK's biggest mistake IMO.

I will stick with Chill developing and I hope that J. Smith gets his act togehter and learns to play NBA basketball and not street. Williams looks like a good pick to me. His energy is good and his shot is going to only become more consistent. When Harrington gets back I would expect Smith's role to decline and William's to increase.

Just my two cents.

• Premium Member

In-game coaching...

The thing about in-game coaching is that it is learned. I think Woody can learn to be a better in-game coach just like he learned to handle development. The question is how much time does he have?

Quote:

BILLY MNFN KNIGHT!

ZaZa, Salim, Chill, Smoove, JJ, Harrington (for Jax whom we picked up for scraps)...we've got a solid young core here. Despite the 0-3, I REALLY think we've turned a corner. It may take a major move of a certain player or bringing in the right coach, but this "unfinished home" is starting to take shape.

Speaking of coaching...

I'm gonna go ahead and get on the side of the fence that's a little concerned (or more) with Woody at the wheel. I know, these guys are young, they don't know each other...blah, blah, blah... I'm just not feeling that Woody's gonna be the guy to get them over the hump.

I think BK has done a good job acquiring talent, but has not done a good job putting together a team. The team still has critical weaknesses with respect to interior defense, ball-handling and coaching.