• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Royal Ivey

shock

I really feel like we should give him more playing time. If the jj at pg experiment ends up sour, i would like to see IVEY START AT PG, and have jj at sg. Ivey is alot bigger than Lue(6'3", 200), can handle the ball as well as Lue, is young and quick, and damn sure can play better defense. I just feel like Royal has alot of untapped potential, and just hasnt been given the opportunities to shine. I think if woody would try this combo out on the floor it would work. Anybody agree or am i crazy?

The day we played against Golden State. I went in to have my car serviced earlier that day. I was reading the AJC while waiting. I read something very intersting in their that caught my eye.

They were giving the scouting reports for all the Hawks Players. Beside Ivey's Name, it read something like this:

"the most improved player of them all, that returned from last year's team"

Not sure how to read into that. Did the guy think Ivey was really bad last year, and now looks descent. Giving him a lot of room for improvement. Or did he realize Ivey was solid last year, and giving him props for improvement, from that basis.

You always see every year in the NFL, where debates for a certain team come up. Which QB should be starting? Usually the one that makes the most money gets the nod. Maybe Ivey falls in this category. Lue with his 3 year contract, and Salim playing very well, and pressure to use JJ at the PG. It leaves Ivey out, just on pay check and perception that the team is doing things right. Not necessarily that Ivey might couldn't give us solid minutes out there.

This is a guy who could easily not have been drafted at all, was not a star on his college team, and on draft night compared himself to Eric Snow. Basically at best he becomes Eric Snow, nothing wrong with that.

My question is are people seriously hoping that Ivey will be our answer at PG? He's not even dressing in warm up suits.

Quote:

This is a guy who could easily not have been drafted at all, was not a star on his college team, and on draft night compared himself to Eric Snow. Basically at best he becomes Eric Snow, nothing wrong with that.

My question is are people seriously hoping that Ivey will be our answer at PG? He's not even dressing in warm up suits.

I think the way to look at is that he cannot possibly be worse then what the Hawks currently have playing point guard (i.e., Lue).

Atlanta’s just not very good at allowing the young talents to show what they can provide and we’re use to seeing this happen. Prime example Dan Dickau, so a player just can’t come off the bench and perform when they only receive 4 minutes every other night. I’m a fan of Ivey, so I would like to see him receive more minutes off the bench, and I think we could see some very good things from him.

I've liked Ivey since that draft night interview. I'd be all for a three man "small" guard rotation of Ivey, Salim and Lue. They all could get around the same amount of minutes, but the one thats kickin' up the most dirt plays the most minutes. Delk coming back will fit us up and allow for the Guard positions to be full. Move Chillz to back up Al at SF and have M.Will backup Smooth at PF. That leaves our only truly bad position to be backup C (our starting C if we can get someone better than Zaza for next to nothing).