• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trade Chillz Now!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hotboyj

I just got back from the game, and yeah we should have won, but it just confirmed my beliefs that Chillz needs to go.

I don't know what happened to him, but he looks lost and scared out there.

Marvin and Salim both played great, and they were the ones in at the end with the game on the line.

Chillz's stock is still pretty high and we could get a nice big man for him.

I have no clue why he started tonight, since he hasn't done anything for the past three games that say he is the least bit starter worthy.

One good trade I can think of is Chillz/Delk/Donta for M. Taylor/Channing Frye

Works under RealGM

Trade Id:2631631

or

Chillz/Delk/Donta for A. Bynum/S. Medvedenko

also works under RealGM

Trade Id:2631691

No we're not getting game changers, but we are getting big men with potential who can contribute now and in the future.

With Marvin, Salim, Smoove, Akyol coming later, and us maybe drafting another guard this year, we can deal with losing Chillz for a few big men.

I wish him the best as I do Diaw, but things just aren't working down her, and we shouldn't just sit by and watch.

Maybe we trade Childress and could get either:

Ely from CHA

or

Wilcox from LAC (Unlikely)

or

Gooden from CLE

We may need to throw in Delk or a 2nd, but they'd be well worth it. But before we trade him I think we should try to bench him first and let Marvin start, and then give Donta a lot of his minutes until he improves. It seems to be working with Smoove (at least it did tonight) and if it doesn't, pull the trigger one any above trade if possible.

Not too just say Chillz is holding us back, but Al is really supposed to be our leader and he put up 6/5 and though he hit a big shot or two, he was outplayed John Edwards who had 6/4 and a block in only 13 mins.

JOHN EDWARDS? C'mon Al, WTF!!!!!!!!

If we trade Chill we need to fill needs, so that could be guys coming off the bench or a potential starter (not likely). I like Chill, so I don’t want to see him go, but I’m not seeing the need for him anymore, and I think our future starters are clear. I also don’t see Al Harrington being around, but we will just see what happens with that, and if his future rest with the Hawks.

You’re setting yourself up for a landslide effect if you trade Chill for any of the guys you’ve listed. You will wonder how Josh Smith or Marvin William will fit into the picture if you trade for a power forward right now. I’ve noticed that Marvin has been playing the 4 and has been doing a decent job at it, but he still may be a couple of years away before he starts. I’m still expecting our 3 and 4’s to be Josh and Marvin down the road (very short-term) so I would like to see other needs filled by trading Chill.

It works under RealGM

Trade Id:2631754

All of you seem to be upset with Al and Chillz, and would like to get a good big man.

That trade right there would solve all the problems we have.

Everyone keeps saying that if we get Marbury we f*ck up our future.

No one knows how much under the cap we are, so no one knows how much money we'll have left over after we bring in Marbury.

Sure everyone can say Marbury doesn't make his team better, but who knows that will be the same for the Hawks.

By us getting rid of Al and CHillz, in the event we do get a top pick we can draft Rudy Gay and keep him.

The only reason I can see for us to not bring in Marbury is if JJ doesn't want him here. JJ knows him, and knows if he is or isn't good for the team.

I really do hope we get him though, because we would really be a better team.

There aren't too many backcourts that could match up with them.

I would not trade Al.. I wouldn't probably even trade Chill cause I don't think we can get anything for him. Just play him off the bench and let him find his way, again. I don't think it really matters in the end. He may be starting but at the end of the games, it is Marvin who is playing.

Quote:

The only reason I can see for us to not bring in Marbury is if JJ doesn't want him here. JJ knows him, and knows if he is or isn't good for the team.

I really do hope we get him though, because we would really be a better team.

I will pass on his 18-22 million dollar salary, so just seeing that scares me away from Marbury.

• Premium Member

I'm not against a trade...as long as we get good potential or a known good commodity in return. His stock has to be dropping, so I don't see that happening unless we throw in another decent peice; and that makes the deal bad for us. So for now, I would bench him and start Salim and JJ in the backcourt and the better of Marvin/Smoove at the 3.

I am terribly disappointed in Chill, but I can't say that I am surprised. I don't think that it is his ability so much as it is his nature. With all these new faces and a max veteran (on the verge of stardom no less), Chill is once again deferring to whomever is in the on the floor with him. He's simply being a "team player" to a fault; he'saveraging around 5 FGA's a game and has taken fewer shots than everyone except Ivey, Edwards, Batista, and Donta. On the few shots that he does take, he's trying to compensate.

Again, this I believe has as much to do with Woody as it does with Chill. Childress can score, he can break down the defense, he can handle the ball...he's 3/3 on his 3pt attempts this year (being the odd man out on the wing)...he can do much more... But Woody is using Chill as a utitilty guy, but he needs to give him a more prominent role.

Anywho...just my $0.02. I do believe that Chilldress would be your classic case of "change of scenery blow-up" scenario...even moreso than Boris who is averaging close to 9pts, 6ast, and 6rpg in 25 minuts. Which is why I would only consider trading him once his stock rises or trade him not at all.

I think you're partly right. It does appear that both Childress and Smith have 'regressed' as compared to last year. Boris is 'thriving' to a degree in PHX. but there's a few things to factor in before drawing the line straight ot coaching.

a) scouting. Coaches and teams now know the tendencies of Smith and Chill...you're quick to point out how games in the second half of the season matter less against us for teams, as often they can win based on sheer talent. now that we have some, our 'one dimensional players' are scouted a bit more, taking away their tendencies.

b) Diaw we always knew could play. Coupled iwth the above argument (where he's not been scouted extensively, especially by western teams) and that he's now playing in a system where much defensive attention is given to other players...and yes, with his BBIQ, he should thrive.

Childress needs to gain weight in order to move to his more natural position as a 3. Marvin can't play the 4 right now due to weight. Harrington is likely still injured, perhaps should not have been playing...but we keep teams more honest hwen he's on the floor, regardless of how well he's playing.

Start the push for Rondo now...

Quote:

Again, this I believe has as much to do with Woody as it does with Chill. Childress can score, he can break down the defense, he can handle the ball...he's 3/3 on his 3pt attempts this year (being the odd man out on the wing)...he can do much more... But Woody is using Chill as a utitilty guy, but he needs to give him a more prominent role.

Anywho...just my $0.02. I do believe that Chilldress would be your classic case of "change of scenery blow-up" scenario...even moreso than Boris who is averaging close to 9pts, 6ast, and 6rpg in 25 minuts. Which is why I would only consider trading him once his stock rises or trade him not at all.

quote]

I don't buy this at all. Childress's problems now are the same ones he had when he was drafted. He was the slowest wing player by a mile at the Chicago combines the last two years, and his extremely unorthodox shot limits. Almost all his points last year came from inside 5 feet or the foul line. Now teams know to play off him to cut off his drives and box him out.

Using Diaw as an example was a joke. He shot 18% for 3s last year and only 42% overall and had a terrible assist to turnover ratio. Do you think we should have put him at pf or c? Phoenix quickly realized that Diaw can't play guard in this league so they put him inside and it works in their system. He has a slower man guarding him who he can easily beat off the dribble and if the defense collapses he can pass out for an easy assist.

• Premium Member

I don't understand what your point is about Diaw. He's playing well in Phoenix (including his A:T) after a so-so showing with us for a few years. It's a classic case of "change of scenario." What's the joke?

...as far as Chill is concerned, he isn't taking any shots. Period. The only guys who have taken fewer shots than Chill are the guys who never get in the game. Additionally, he needs to get stronger. He's still getting to the rim, but (on the few attempts he takes) he's not finishing. Nobody is "stopping" him from getting to the basket.

I also said nothing about him being automatic from outside nor did I say anything about his horrendous shooting form. He can score. Period. I spent the better part of last year Chill's strengths and why it is he seems to disappear in games. I'm not going around the carousel again.

The bottom line is that he's only 1 1/2 years old in the NBA. He has to get stronger and get the mindset that he DOESN'T have to simply facilitate the game for everybody else on the court. Regardless, I am not opposed to trading him. Not at all. Though, it would be foolish to try and trade him now. A) We will not get equal value for him and B) he has MUCH more potential to blow up with a change of scenario.

Get a good PF or C for him and we'd be straight. Trade him for spare parts now and I guarantee that we'll regret it.