• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Why?

foeteen14

why do some people have this unwavering mind set that marvin williams will be better than chris paul in the long run. paul is better than williams now, so why wouldn't they both continue to get better with time. it seems like people think that paul is just going stop getting better and stay at the same level he is at now. who knows paul could be a 24ppg 11apg 4rpg 2.5spg in the future, he sure looked like he could put up those numbers last night. i like marvin but marvin is a 3or4 and there are a million and one of those that are good, but at the point there are only a few players who you can say are consistant performers.

• Premium Member

The believe it because they drunk the kool-aid that the Hype machine was selling. Mainly that Marvin is the next KG or something? Well, he will have to be in order to be better than Paul.

Last night, with NO ONE on his team, Paul gathered 12 assists. I can understand 12 assists with JR Smith or PJ Brown finishing... But Paul got 12 assists with 2nd team guys finishing.

I've been watching Wake play without Paul. It's easy to see the difference that Chris Paul makes.

For all those who questioned Paul's ability against Bigger guards... Is JJ big enough?

25 pts, 12 assts, 7 rebs, 5 steals,

DAYUUUUM.....

I think he took us passing over him personal.

Then on top of that, somebody had the nerve to question UTAH for passing over him and give Atlanta the pass because we got MW?

What is Marvin bringing to the table again? Last night it was 0 points! If he had just contributed 4 pts in the 20 minutes he played, we would have won.

some of the picks our guys have made in the past few years are mindboggling. even in last years draft, i was sitting thinking, what do we need, and since i knew we would be starting from the ground i figured why not got supreme athleticism. we did good in getting josh smith, but we should have picked him with the seventh pick (this was his slated draft position a month before the draft), then with the 17th pick we should have chosen, just think about it J.R. Smith. now we have an athletic 2 an athletic 3, we traded for al he's our 4 of the future even though walker was here we all knew what that was about. now what do we need? a 1 and a 5, the two toughest positions to find. so how could we have done this. we easily could have drafted paul and have our point then drafted a guy like taft, gomes, lawrance roberts. so what about center, well since we would be soooooo young, we wouldn't be too good, so i'm thinking we would be real bad for at least three years. our lineup this year (2005-2006) would be, chris paul, j.r. smith, josh smith, al harrington, zaza pachulia. so we would have a top three pick. so we get rudy gay, ronnie brewer or shelden williams (only if he has a huge year) hope the lakers make playoffs if they do we use that pick for josh boone or j.j reddick. so now in 2006-2007 our lineup looks like this. paul, smith, smith, al, zaza with ivey, d.smith(from 2004draft), l. roberts or c. taft or r. gomes(from 2005draft), and r. gay or r. brewer or s. williams and j. boone or jj reddick(from 2006) draft. now thats a lot of young talent but that's alright, look at chicago bulls. but we still don't have a true center. by the 2007 draft we should still be pretty bad so i'm thinking top 3 pick. we have a glut of talent so we do what we have to do to get the #1 pick, and choose greg oden, for our center of the future, plus he'll have a year of college ball. by 2010 we finally turn it around and make the playoffs and i'm willing to wait that long as long as the team is being built to grow evenly with all positions getting their needed attention.

Diesel, Chillz played 12 minutes last night period, all at SG, that was the only time JJ was guarding Paul. Paul played 42 minutes with 30 against Lue & Salim, not exactly defensive stalwarts. His quickness and ball savvy was definitely noticeable regardless of who was guarding him though.

Quote:

What is Marvin bringing to the table again? Last night it was 0 points! If he had just contributed 4 pts in the 20 minutes he played, we would have won.

I hate seeing this type of bullshit. How about if this guy had hit his free throws, how about if that guy hadnt committed so many turnovers that led to points, how about guys who were missing their defensive assignments, etc....

What a cheap statement and weak argument against marvin.

Last time i checked, wasnt marvin supposed to have been given a window of two or three years to be at the level we see in chris paul?

Get off his back and show him the same respect you show complete losers like darko.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Last time i checked, wasnt marvin supposed to have been given a window of two or three years to be at the level we see in chris paul?

That's the whole point Shock..

Why draft a guy that will take 2-3 yrs to be at the level of the guy you pass over??

Doesn't that just sound stupid??

diesel, i agree; if we are going to rebuild, then show some signs......it seems like we are doing the opposite; besides, i have said it over and over again. to rebuild, we need winners over potential. we are not the san antonio spurs or the detroit pistons where they have enough depths for them to draft a project or potential player. We dont have that kind of luxury. We need proven leaders. stop drafting on potential and draft proven winner. Paul and Deron has proved it last year. Bogut also has proven it. the year before last year Deng showed it as well as Duhon. Getting these kinds of players will help you rebuild not the guys who we have to wait for the next 3-5 years.............

ps do we even have a foundation to build it on?

Quote:

Why draft a guy that will take 2-3 yrs to be at the level of the guy you pass over??

Doesn't that just sound stupid??

Because Marvins potential was projected to eclipse chris paul's. You may have expected paul to immediately contribute the way he is now, but i certainly didnt. If Paul was the obvious better choice, then hang that on billy knight. Just please dont try to compare them yet.

• Premium Member

Doesn't look like he's having too much of a problem out there with big guards to me either. It's just so crazy how people WANT someone to fail so badly that they refuse to see even the slightest of merits; let alone the sh!t that was slapping us in the damn face with Paul. That he's a DAMN good prospect is one thing...but he is also a top flight prospect at one of the most critical positions in the game...and a position that we sorely needed.

Man, I just shake my head at all the pre-draft hoopla people raised about Paul's height...and how it even continued even after he measured pretty fair. I wanted us to draft Paul SOOOOOOO bad...the guy is a player...and could be a damn good one...and will likely make all those around him much better...

I like Marvin though. He's not as limited as I thought he was and with time, he could be VERY special. He's got the quickness and the energy, and I like his handles too. Looks like he may have a bit of a shot on him too... All good signs, but the thing with Marvin is...

...it is 90% potential.