• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

My favorite Hawk is......

CBAreject

Batista. If he could just get 15 mins per game I think he'd help. We need some meat down low.

Plus, he gives you 200% when he's out there. Granted he'll probably pick up 4 fouls or so in that 15 minute span but he'll also frustrate the opposing PF for 15 minutes like he did Jermaine O'Neal.

We're gettin' killed by opposing team's PF because we have no one to defend them. I continue to say, when the opposing team has a weak offensive center, put Josh Smith on him and put Batista/Edwards in to guard the PF. That way Josh can "hang around" the blocks and give backside help.

I think late in games Woody could go offensive (Zaza)/defensive (Batista/Edwards) on his subs.

I like Zaza, but he is hurting us on the defensive end. Anytime he gets pulled out to defend a pick and roll, he is too slow in reacting. His footspeed is suspect. Batista (soccer boy) has more lateral speed.

I love the way Zaza plays. He gets a lot of rebounds just by ripping them away from people.

Josh Smith is starting to play better too. He has gotten 14 foul shots the last 2 games, so he isn't settling for jumpers all the time. He also has 16 rebounds and 5 blocks the last two games.

• Premium Member

Zaza has SEVEN double-doubles and is the league's top offensive rebounder. Pretty impressive for $4M a year. A total steal.

I have to toot my own horn, though:

Zaza predictions

I predicted 12/10/1 with 45% fg, 75% ft in 36 mpg.

The tally so far: 12.7/9.8/0.7 with 42% fg, 77% ft in 33 mpg.

I'm so glad I "stood by my numbers." wink.gif

Salim is by far my favorite Hawk. His game and my game are almost identical. In high school i was an undersized sg with a very quick release and high 3pt%. We also have similar attitudes on the court. These past 12 games ive been sort of living vicariously through him, kind of like those crazy parents at their kid's t-ball game. lol

I think Josh and Zaza compement each other well. Zaza usually can get into good position on D and at least puts his hands up (unlike Al) but he doesn't have the lift to block shots. If they put Smith next to him for extended minutes that would really help their D because you know Smith protects the rim.

HarrytheHawk_2003-150.jpg

POSITION: Center (of attention)

HATCHED: Oct. 25, 1985

HOME:

Highrise Nest

Philips Arena rafters

HOBBIES: Stair-sledding, taking (and making) the half-court shot, dancing with kids playing musical chairs, pulling pranks on NBA referees, creating havoc wherever he goes

SCHOOL: Stay in it!

ACQUIRED: Selected 1st in the NBA draft over notable players Larry BIRD and Patrick EWING.

GOAL: To see the Atlanta Hawks win the NBA Championship and receive a championship wing!