• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

A Good Indication of JJ's Mindset!!

KB21

Quote:

"We moved the basketball and got guys open shots, plus we had Salim and [Tyronn Lue] coming off the bench and hitting big shots," said Johnson, who again flirted with a triple double, finishing with a team-high 24 points, nine rebounds and eight assists. "That's what its all about, everybody getting involved. I mean, AI had 53, and those other guys never got involved. Then at the end of the game those other guys had to take big shots and it wasn't there. I wouldn't want it like that.

"Philly is a great team and AI did his thing, so don't get me wrong. But we're a young team, and we have to keep everybody involved to have success. And honestly, I wouldn't want it any other way."

Joe Johnson understands. He knows what it takes to be a true superstar in this league, which is the ability to make those around you better. Joe has done a terrific job of keeping his teammates involved over the last 10 games or so.

He also understands that this is the way this team HAS to play if they want to win. They have to be unselfish. I'm sure Joe could take over the basketball and put up 30 points a game, but that's simply not his style.

Like Mike Woodson said in this article, the three leading scorers on this team in this game were also the three leading assists men in this game. That's great team basketball. Production and team play from the starters, and the bench is there when they need them. Ty Lue scoring 11 points and dishing out 3 assists on 50% shooting off the bench. Salim coming up big with 13 points off the bench on 6 of 9 shooting. Marvin grabbing 6 rebounds in about 21 minutes off the bench. This team is really starting to play well as a team as the players settle into their roles.

I hesitate to say it because I don't want to jinx anything, but Joe Johnson is looking like a legitimate superstar player. When you take his all around game into account, I think he's a top 20 NBA player right now.

Billy may have found that one guy to build the team around, and right now, Joe, Al, and Zaza look terrific together. I can't wait for Zaza to develop more consistency. Zaza could average a double double in future years.

I'm excited about seeing what Billy Knight can continue doing with this team over the next couple of years.

I think that was one of their best games of the season offensively. It doesn't even look like the same team we were watching a month ago.

Experience will help eliminate some of the turnovers I hope. Right now that is the only thing that seems to be hurting them offensively.

it seems that quite often we have stretches were it looks like we have 5 guys who have just touched a basketball for the first time in their lives (like last night to start the 2nd half) and we end up falling behind by double digits.

On the other hand we can then be a team that can go on a 16-1 run against a good team like the Sixers, where it seems like they cant stop us no matter what.

This is understandable considering that we are a very young team and are still learning how to play with each other though and over time it will correct itself, but damn its frustrating (and exciting) at times.

• Premium Member

JJ is a very good player maybe the superstar we've missed since Nique, and he is a jump shooter. How many years has it been since this teamn had a legit outside shooter? Maybe since Smitty. JJ along with Salim can really stroke the ball and hopefully Marvin will come along.

I just wish ZaZa could play a little D!

Well, the league as a whole is extremely weak at the center position. In today's NBA, you have to take what you can get at that position. Outside of Greg Oden, there isn't any true centers on the horizon.

With Zaza, Atlanta has a young guy with potential. If they can get a good defender to come in and contrast styles with Zaza, then that is the best bet. A GM would kill himself by devoting a big portion of time trying to find a true NBA center these days.