• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I love how...

Weez

when we lose, there are flood of posts about all the things we did poorly during the game, from coaching to individual plays...but when we win, it's 'we played great!', or, 'good ball movement!'...

can anyone elaborate on this?

who guarded AI? what about Webber? Everyone was ranting about Iggy not too long ago...

any up for something in-depth or substantial?

The Hawks don't have anyone who can guard AI, but they played JJ on him late and they also started trapping him on pick and rolls, which was a big key to the game.

Salim came in and contributed also, hitting 6 for 9.

Josh Smith was huge, blocking fast break layups and protecting the paint. He had 4 blocks in 25 minutes and altered several other shots, including the last one by Webber.

Overall I thought it was one of their best games of the season. They shot themselves in the foot to start the second half with 4 turnovers in their first 5 possessions. Philly went on a run.

Philly got up 12 and then a funny thing happened. Instead of giving in as they did several times this they came back so quickly that if you blinked you might have missed it. If it was a boxing match Philly would have gotten a standing 8 count. The Hawks played like they had a will to win, which is something I haven't seen here in a long time.

• Premium Member

How about all of the talk about Dalembert in the off-season, and how about the guy we got instead?

Just looking at all of the wins of the last 2 weeks, I think this is one that should really bother the BK detractors.

Sure, this team isn't without some significant missing pieces, but there's a murky appearance of something substantial coming into view... and a real excitement that this team has the resources to acquire those missing pieces next off-season.

And that is B-I-G if you've been a Hawks fan for very long. This is a franchise that until very recently (relatively speaking) has always had the ability to get to the playoffs, but then couldn't get that one more player that could put them over the top.

Most recently it was the Kenny Norman Curse, when that one contract stiffed us from serious FA contention at a time when we were just that [ ] close.

Of course, there was the time when we were able to corral Malone and Theus, and we all were ordering our NBA Championship tix, only to see Willis go down, and a personal war break out between Theus and Nique.

Maybe this time will be different, though.

Maybe this team ends the season on such a high (playoffs??? -- hey, as an Astros fan, let me tell you that you never give up this early in the season on your team), and maybe Atlanta becomes a highly attractive destination for that one or two that will put the team squarely in contention for something bigger than any of us, especially BK detractors, ever thought possible.

I also love how Ty Lue gets all the blame for every loss and no credit on any of the wins. Poor guy. I'm not a Lue lover, however I think it is silly how this guy is the poster child for this site on any loss.

P