• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Here's the Al trade I would do...

Diesel

Gordon, Sweetney, and NY's first would be a very good deal if we could get it. Gordon would replace Salim; Sweetney is a high percentage scorer and good rebounder to help replace Al; and NY's first would allow us to go after both Aldridge and Rondo. I'm not sure if the Bulls would give up that much, though.

don't sweat it. Actually things are starting to come together. If they can pull off a deal for Nene then they will just be a starting pg away from having a very young, talented, balanced roster.

it is too much to expect consistent winning right now. They just don't have the players to compete on the defensive end every night.

Nene is out for this season and just read where he says the swelling is down but he is still experiencing pain in his leg. When he do return, he might limit himself on the floor afraid of the re-injuring his leg. We might not get the real Nene for two more seasons.

Quote:

Al/Salim to Chicago for Gordon/Piakwoski/NY's 1st.

or

Al/Salim to Chicago for Gordon/Sweetney/NY's 1st.

I still believe we should shoot for the playoffs, but if we trade, we might as well get Usable pieces.

the only deal that makes sense for the hawks is...

Al/Lue for Odom and 1st round pick

ATL- Lamar Odom/MIA 1st from Lakers

IND- Al Harrington

LAL- Ron Artest/Tyronn Lue

I don't know if I like picking up Odom's salary although it does end when it is time to resign Zaza, Marvin, JSmith. The MIA 1st from the Lakers is for taking on such a huge salary and giving us the ability to pick up a cheap, young player towards the end of the 1st round. This deal is a steal for the Lakers if Phil can control Artest.

Parker/Kobe/Artest/Kwame/Mihm is a pretty good starting 5.

Sarunas/JAX/Harrington/O'neal/Harrison is pretty solid. Although I'm not sure they want Harrington long term with Danny Granger. How did he fall to #17 again?

*The big question for this year is, how much leadership do we lose by moving Lue/Harrington? Those 2 seem like the most experienced and vocal guys on the team. Would that totally kill our chances of playoffs this year or is Odom a big upgrade over Harrington? We'd have to move Salim to BU PG and have JJ and/or Odom in the ballgame to play Point when Salim is in the game. Ivey would have to play a lot more than just the first 4 minutes of each half which I'm definitely OK with after watching our Defense.

Ivey/Salim

JJ

Smith/Chill

Odom/Marvin

Pachulia/Edwards

It's take more than the doctor giving you the Ok to play after his injury. After having this same injury myself, it's going to take a while for him to get the confidence and his mind right to play. I am rooting for him to make it back as soon as possible especially if we do get him, but it's going to take time.

that a team is allowed to have that I dont know about? I see no reason why we cant have Salim, Lue, and Gordon all being smallish scoring guards.

I dont see us getting him though. If the Bulls were to trade for Al I could see them giving up Deng or Nocioni before Gordon.

• Premium Member

FOR AS much as you all want to call Gordon a PG, he's not.. neither is Salim. Neither guy can create for anyone else. That being the case, they are both SGs and will play behind JJ.

So Playing time becomes the biggest issue.

Both Gordon and Salim played a significant amount of minutes at PG for VERY good college programs and both are quite capable of playing the point to a degree when there is a good ball handler like JJ at the 2. There is 96 minutes at the 2 guard positions and if JJ playes 36 of them, that still leaves 30 each for Gordon and Salim. Or an average of 24 each if Lue was still here, but I doubt he would be if we got Gordon.

• Premium Member

True they both played significant amounts of time at PG..

BUT...

Salim had a 1:1 assist to turnover ratio.

Let's look at a few perceptions of Gordon...

Quote:

Gordon is one of the more enigmatic prospects out there, and a definite candidate for the Boom/Bust of the Draft label. He played so well so quickly in his collegiate career, that there's a part of us that feels he should be better today than he actually is. It's entirely possible that he's already peaked. Puts up some of the quietest 20-point games you'll ever see so he'll definitely need to be more assertive on the next level to equal his college output. But we're not so sure he's got that fire in him,
nor do we see him embracing the point guard role.
Great floor generals are born that way, they don't develop at such a late stage in the game. And five assists does not a point guard make.

Quote:

Ben is the epitome of a combo guard. He is an excellent scorer, but also has the ability to find open teammates. He can create for himself, or create for others. Ben's unbelievable athletic ability has made him an explosive penetrator and a good rebounder...Ben is also a good ball handler, a great passer and is always aware of his teammates. He seems to always be in control and rarely loses his composure on the court….nor does he take poor shots...Quite simply he can do things with the ball that others cannot. A very good prospect.

Weaknesses: Because of his small stature Ben will have to play the PG in the NBA. So he needs to improve his Assist to Turnover ratio and concentrate on passing more. Although proficient at the point, Ben is a natural scorer and that could cause problems down the road...Off the court issues could scare some teams away as well Notes: Was a four year varsity player at Mount Vernon where he broke the school record for career points....His game has really developed since he’s started college. Should turn out to be a nice player.

Quote:

Gordon helped lead the Huskies to the national title this season as a junior. He is an undersized scorer who will have to move to point guard at the NBA level. Gordon is an excellent leaper with good strength. He is a good rebounder for his size and a solid passer. Gordon shined in the NCAA tournament but needs to convince scouts that he can be a playmaker. He has excelled in pre-draft workouts, impressing scouts with his outside shooting and athleticism. Gordon is a projected top-10 pick.

POSITIVES: Physically and skill-wise, Gordon is one of the best prospects in the draft. He owns a strong compact body with solid height for a point guard and is an outstanding athlete with quickness and jumping ability. Fundamentally, Gordon's jump shot is smooth and highly accurate. He is a good penetrator who can score with the game on the line or the shot clock dwindling down.

NEGATIVES: Because of a lack of size, Gordon is precluded from playing his college position -- shooting guard -- in the NBA. However, Gordon did show signs of playmaking ability throughout his collegiate career. As a result, many believe he will be able to make the transition at the next level. Others claim Gordon lacks the mentality to initiate an offense on a full-time basis.

I think this coupled with what you see in Gordon for Chicago is proof enough that he's not a PG...