• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Those Lovable Losers are back.

mrhonline

you sure dont deserve to be any better than worst. This has to be one of the dumbest teams in the league. All night long we kept letting VC or RJ get wide open because we would double down on the guy with the ball (as is our usual defensive style). That type of strategy doesnt work with big time scorers like RJ and VC though, especially not with a guy like Kidd to get them the ball.

It also doesnt help when you miss FTs in the 4th, or when Lue, JJ, and Al dribble the ball off their legs or pass to ghosts late in the game either.

Very disappointing loss tonight only because we could have won it, but they certainly arent a team I would expect us to be able to beat at this point.

• Premium Member

Quote:

This has to be one of the dumbest teams in the league.

I have to agree with that. I got to watch the Bobcats' game vs. the Bulls the other night, and even though both teams are very young like the Hawks, it was like they were playing a different game.

They didn't play that bad as a team, just a couple of bad individual performances cost them.

I hate to do this but I have to call out my boy Lue. I don't know what got into him tonight but it seemed like he was forcing things from the time he got into the game. I don't have a problem with him going 6 for 15. The problem was that he took 15 shots in the first place.

There are a lot of guys that Lue can take advantage of but Kidd and Vaughn aren't in that group. Kidd obviously is a great defender and Vaughn is a very good one. Vaughns defense is the reason McInnis got a DNP. Lue should have known going in that he wasn't going to get a lot of easy looks. Realistically he should have taken 10 or fewer shots.

There is no reason for someone who handles the ball as well as Lue to have 4 turnovers in a game. The only explanation is that he was forcing the action.

Zaza is looking more and more like a backup. he is shooting 41% on the season and went 1 for 8 tonight. That type of shooting is horrible for a center. If he is the 2nd best C in the east then I am MJ.

Childress was invisible as usual. When he gets the ball on the wing he doesn't do anything with it. He just holds it over his head. His defender could have his eyes closed and it wouldn't matter. 31 minutes and 5 pts. Nice job.

Quote:

Childress was invisible as usual. When he gets the ball on the wing he doesn't do anything with it. He just holds it over his head. His defender could have his eyes closed and it wouldn't matter. 31 minutes and 5 pts. Nice job.

What about "Smoove"? 40+ minutes and only 7 pts. Why have two sets of standards or be hypocritical?

Quote:

What about "Smoove"? 40+ minutes and only 7 pts. Why have two sets of standards or be hypocritical?

Smith accomplished a feat that Childress has done only a handful of times in his two seasons here. Smith made two jumpers. Childress very rarely does that.

Smith actually makes a difference when he is in the game. He is one of the top shotblockers in the league. And he is only 19 so his game is still developing.

Childress is 3 years older. There is no excuse for him to be invisible all the time. He is completely dependent on other people to get him easy scoring opportunities since he can't create anything on his own.

When was the last time Childress caught the ball on the wing with a man in front of him and either made a shot in his face or drove past him for a score? It never happens. Smith did it last night.

The only thing I can think of is that they are trying to showcase him for a trade. I can only hope.

if someone scores their points off of offensive rebounds or jump shots? Two points is two points. Their offensive production and rebounding numbers are pretty similar on a per minute basis both this year and last year. About "Smoove" being only 19, Abdur Rahim averaged 18 points a game at age 19 in his rookie year. I would at least expect that much from a so-called future "superstar."

Also, I personally prefer that my PF scores on the inside rather than standing around on the perimeter hoisting jump shots.

Since "Smoove" can't put the ball on the floor anyway, I wonder where you come up with all that "he can create his own shot" crap. I haven't seen him "create" shots for himself too much. He cannot throw alley-oop passes to himself. He depends on someone to make the pass first.

On offense, he is a one dimensional dunker. I will give him credit for being a good shot blocker however.

Quote:

Since "Smoove" can't put the ball on the floor anyway, I wonder where you come up with all that "he can create his own shot" crap.

If you actually watched the game he did exactly that. He had the ball on the baseline and drove to his left, crossed back over to his right and pulled up for the J with the defender back on his heels. Childress has never made a move like that and scored.

You want to know why it makes a difference where a player scores? Very simple. If the other team knows Childress can only score inside then they don't have to play his outside shot and just concentrate on keeping him out of the lane. One dimensional scorers are easy to shut down.

Quote:

that was obviously supposed to read "midrange jumper", not "midrange dunker".

I wish we had a 'midrange dunker' on our team! That would be amazing!