Update From The Meeting With BK

Lascar78

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

KB,

You are BK's echo...obviously a friend, relative, or work for this sorry franchise. BK is not the man to get this job done. Anybody that thinks that Mike Woodson is a good coach needs immediate therapy. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that Woody is horrible...just watch the Hawks play defense. I can't wait for the next draft to watch your buddy take another forward...PG is critical for the Hawks. Lue is a terrible defender and doesn't distribute the ball. We need a guy who can deliver the ball into scoring situations.

Please stop echoing BK...the man has proven one thing. That when it comes to building a total TEAM he is awful. The Bobcats, Raptors, and Hornets are better for crying out loud. How can you defend BK and Woody? Total insanity.

Quote:

oh and he also went on at one point about how you can hardly ever get a franchise player through trades because teams don't let them go, so you have to take your best shots through the draft. Basically more explanation of the Marvin pick

Except for Kobe, T-Mac, Vince, Kidd, Nash, Shaq, Dirk, Jermaine O'Neal, Arenas, Webber, Brand, Ray Allen, Baron Davis, Gasol, and a few others BK is right.

What an idiot.

Quote:

Quote:

oh and he also went on at one point about how you can hardly ever get a franchise player through trades because teams don't let them go, so you have to take your best shots through the draft. Basically more explanation of the Marvin pick

Except for Kobe, T-Mac, Vince, Kidd, Nash, Shaq, Dirk, Jermaine O'Neal, Arenas, Webber, Brand, Ray Allen, Baron Davis, Gasol, and a few others BK is right.

What an idiot.

LOL. Billy is good at getting 2nd tier players like Joe Johnson and Al Harrington, but the chances of him getting

a real star are slim and none.

Quote:

Kirks problem is that he gets stuck with the ball at the end of the clock very frequently. They are full of undersized jump shooters but don't have anyone who plays effectively in the post to collapse the D.

Unfortunately everything you said is true. Since kirk was moved back to the point and Gordon to the two both players have increased their numbers across the board. Kirk is averaging 19/9/4 since he was moved back to the one.

I have been hoping that somehow the Hawks would be able to get Duhon or Hinrich from you guys but I don't see how they could do it, especially since BK doesn't see the need for a pg.

He has passed on Duhon 3 times, twice in the draft and once in free agency. I think he would fit in perfectly here but BK just can't see it.

Quote:

What an idiot.

He is right What team gives up a superstar without the other team giving up alot. And the only reason stars get traded is because there is a problem. Lets see

T-Mac traded ecause he was pissed i Orlando, and Houston had to give up Stevie Franchise in the deal.

Vince - Not really a superstar anymore

Kidd - Again he hate Phoniex Phoniex hated him.

O'Neal - wasnt a star when he was traded and Portland was overloaded with talent at the time.

Gasol and Kobe had never even played a game efore they were traded so they dont count, and Gasol is no Star.

Quote:

I believe that in the league right now, Andre Miller, TJ Ford, and Jason Kidd may be the only "true" point guards that start.

Throw in Steve Nash. It is interesting that all those teams have winning records.

Also interesting that Phoenix keeps on winning without big man Amare, NJ wins without any big men and Denver has played surprisingly well with Nene and Camby.

How does Billy Knight watch night after night and say that there is no need for a PG?

I believe it's probably his way of saying that "I did not make a mistake by passing over Chris Paul."

The whole wide world knows we made a mistake by passing over Chris Paul.

that Paul is a VERY good player ALREADY - he has a legit shot to be an All Star THIS YEAR - is RIDICULOUS! Look at the talent in NO/OKC. Who on their team would start for us other than Paul? Yet, they have a FAR better record than we do at this point despite much less talent. He is CLEARLY the reason as they were terrible again when he got hurt.

Acknowledging that Paul is a very good PG does not mean you have to think Marvin was the wrong pick. I don't think we will know the answer to that question for AT LEAST 3 more years and it may be longer than that.

I don't think it is a mistake at all for BK to try to resign Al to a reasonable contract. If he can get him for $9M a season or less, I think it is a no-brainer to resign him. Who else are we going to be able to get of Al's caliber for that kind of money? I'd rather give Al that much than overspend for some scrub like Jerome James, Mark Blount or Michael Olowokandi.

By virtually everyone's account, Al is the 2nd best UFA on the market behind Ben Wallace. Resigning Al to a reasonable contract will not preclude us from getting the big man we need because that player is either going to come via draft or trade anyway. Ben Wallace ain't coming here and no other UFA big man is worth big money.

I may be wrong, but I think BK's ideal lineup next year would look like this:

Shotblocking-Rebounding REAL BIG Man/Edwards

Al/Zaza

Marvin/Smoove

Chillz/Salim

JJ/Lue

I don't think BK is convinced that JJ is not our starting PG of the future, particularly when he says he thinks Chillz can be our Rip Hamilton - hmmm, wonder of Detroit will trade us Rip for Chillz? smile.gif If JJ/Chillz doesn't work, I think you might see BK finally go after that PG we all seem to think we need.