• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Every Hawksquawker, Realgmer, newbie answer this..

Diesel

• Premium Member

I never said that we should be in the playoffs this year.. More Exodus continous talk.

I would love for us to be... But I believe that we got JJ as the first step of buildiing. No more demolition. Now, we aquire talent and are being competitive... What's the problem?

Quote:

To sign Al at 9 million per yr for 5 yrs or so which is what you are saying would be a huge mistake that would lead us to Babcock type teams that barely don't or do make the playoffs AT BEST, rather than at best a team that might go somewhere in the playoffs.

Again.. Have we even tried. We have lots of defensive liabilities on this team. Does that mean we scrap them all... Or are we just looking to scrap the one who is one of our best offensive pieces??

It's a lot of weight to put on JJ's shoulders. To tell him we want you to baby sit. Truth be told, I haven't seen Smoove be a good defensive player. Good shotblocker, but one on one, he can't stop nothing... However, we don't mention that... We'd rather look in the rose colored glasses with every body else buy Al. Truth be told, Zaza plays very bad defense. Hell, he doesn't even hit a high percentage of his shots.. BUT we can't mention that.. Just dump on Al.

I guess I will have to start calling JJ the Babysitter until he gets his trial in front of the fans.. When JJ can't make the babies a winner, I guess it will be all his fault then.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I totally agree I think that we need to use the money that it would cost to sign Al on big men that could help us in FAcy particularly Nene and Andersen. We definitely need to improve our defense and I think overall team play on offense would be enhanced with Al's departure as well, we've already seen how a team with less talent last year without Al and Antoine was still putting up close to 100 ppg last year, Chill and Smoove were scoring in double digits.

• Premium Member

You go backwards from last place, when you stop paying attention to the rankings and start paying attention to the competitiveness of our team...

We are in every game. Our standing might not suggest that, but we are in there every time..

If we trade Al for what some of youwant...

We go backwards.

• Admin

as I said in another post and in reply to your poll, you need to have TWO options on there. Because NOBODY here simply wants to trade him to make room. We are fortuante that we have players who can play his minutes. But trading him is about getting things we need, not just making minutes.

You know this, you're just ignoring the obvious for the sake of making arguement.

• Premium Member

There are definitely some trades I would use Al for...

Talent for Talent.

I would trade AL for Miller either Andre or Brad.

I tould trade Al for a lot of different players... BUT I'm not willing to do what this franchise has done for the last 3 yrs... that's trade away good players for Cap space or picks...

• Admin

That only way I would trade him for space and picks is if it's in a SnT and we have NO OTHER OPTIONS. Which could be a reality. Al is a nice guy. But if someone offers him money and a good opportunity, he's not going to turn it down. We may be forced into a situation where he wants to be a nice guy and get us something in return, which might turn out to be picks and space, at best. We have to be open to that. But that is not a scenario here that anyone would consider best case.

Quote:

You go backwards from last place, when you stop paying attention to the rankings and start paying attention to the competitiveness of our team...

We are in every game. Our standing might not suggest that, but we are in there every time..

It is funny watching you contradict yourself. When you were trumping up New Yorks winning streak as if they were legit i said they weren't because they were only playing well on offense not defense.

And you said;

"ALL THAT MATTERS IS WINS AND LOSSES"

Now you try to say that they Hawks are good because even though they lose they are coming close.

So which is it?

And when the Hawks were winning you kept talking about them making the playoffs and now you try to pretend that never happened. I guess someone else must be posting under your name.

Quote:

Truth be told, Zaza plays very bad defense. Hell, he doesn't even hit a high percentage of his shots.. BUT we can't mention that.. Just dump on Al.

It wasn't more than 2 weeks ago you started a thread saying Zaza was the second best center in the east.

Now all of a sudden you say Zaza is a poor defender who shoots a low percentage, which sounds suspiciously like what some other people said in that thread you started.

i'll say two things:

1- we suck without JJ..completely suck...and much worse than now

2- WE HAD TO OVERPAY FOR OUR FIRST BIG SIGNING TO COME IN HERE!!! now that we have him, we wont have to overpay as much because they see that we have pieces....how many times must this be said.

When was the last time anyone has watch a Hawks game and said to themselves, "Good D Al", or "Way to take a charge Al," or "Look at that rejection dy Al." It comes few and far between if ever at all. He justs move out of the way or fouls. I like his offense and aggressiveness but I truly that if Marvin plays with Al aggresiveness he'll surpass Al in no time. I say trade him, but not for chump change.

Well, I sort of hoped that BK knew what he was talking about his ability to be our PG. During the course of the season I've decided that he can play part-time but would really do better with a distributing/defending PG. I will say that I now see him as the MOST key (untouchable) part of our team besides Smith, Marvelous and Chillz, everyone else is still open game.

Quote:

BUT I'm not willing to do what this franchise has done for the last 3 yrs... that's trade away good players for Cap space or picks...

Who has said they are willing to trade Harrington for nothing? Of course we need to get talent back. Sure, a draft pick would be nice but ONLY as a add on to a major piece to our puzzle. I would really like to know where you're getting this assumption from...

Quote:

However, BK spent the MONEY.. Lots of Money And the picks and Diaw to get a winner in this town. A guy that he can build with.

This still isn't accurate.. BK did not "SPEND" Diaw .. Phoenix taking Diaw was something we asked for, I'm sure.. the deal was, and I reiterate:

We get:

-JJ

-Loss of Diaw

Suns get:

-2 draft picks.

...he hasn't been the jackpot we hoped for, but we haven't lost our shirts yet either. If he's at least on the fringe as an All Star next season (not easy for a guy on what will still probably be a bad team) I think we break even on the gamble and its worth it. If he's not, we lose. If he's an All Star, we're in the money.

I can't comfortably say one way or the other right now, but I'm mildly disappointed because I thought we were getting a guy who potentially would have a Vince Carter/McGrady/Kobe kind of impact on the franchise. Those were ridiculous expectations, but I let myself think it was a possibility.