• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The next Ben Wallace

exodus

After watching Ben Wallace tear the Hawks a new one I decided to check and see what Sheldon Williams was doing.

Tonight against 14th ranked NC State he scored 21 on 8-13 shooting with 10 rebounds and 4 steals.

They haven't posted his blocks yet but he has averaged almost 4 blocks a game the last 2 years and was the College DPOY last year I believe.

I sure wouldn't mind seeing him here. There is no such thing as a sure thing but he is pretty close, and I think he can spend some time at C since that is his natural position.

The more I watch Zaza the more I think the Bucks knew what they were doing letting him go. He is tough and good on the boards but he shoots poorly and his weak D is really killing the Hawks.

Sheldon got 4 blocks tonight.

I'm definitely on the draft Shelden Williams bandwagon. For once, we can take advantage of a guy who could help us out at a position where we need help and he could contribute immediately. I need to see more of Aldridge to be convinced he would be the better choice. Williams seems to be more legit for the NBA right now.

Still part of me says don't get your hopes up. BK will see some guy with a bigger wingspan and a little more athletic ability. His boner will make him lose sight of reality and draft potential over accomplishment.

I will agree with Al Harrington, but I disagree about ZaZa, because frankly if you watch the games you will notice how poor our front court defense is. Our guards aren't stopping the drives and it's putting all the pressure on our 3, 4 and 5. ZaZa is trying to stop the drive, but the opponent is dumping the ball around him, and it's allowing for easy baskets. ZaZa needs help and at the price we scored him at was a bargain.

Also, it's not like Billy Knight is expecting ZaZa to be our starting center for the future, because he's already stated that he's looking for bigs, but I'm happy to know ZaZa is an above average backup center.

Quote:

I'm definitely on the draft Shelden Williams bandwagon. For once, we can take advantage of a guy who could help us out at a position where we need help and he could contribute immediately. I need to see more of Aldridge to be convinced he would be the better choice. Williams seems to be more legit for the NBA right now.

Still part of me says don't get your hopes up. BK will see some guy with a bigger wingspan and a little more athletic ability. His boner will make him lose sight of reality and draft potential over accomplishment.

wow i almost woke my wife up reading that one!

^^Nice point. Still there is noone in this draft with near the hype of those guys. We picked on potential last year and the year before with Smoove. So far, we're still waiting for anything close to a superstar like Howard or Amare. So be smug if you want to but I think it's time we picked a guy who will help us out immediately. Sheldon will be that guy and it would be a safe but smart pick like it or not.

Shelden can be had later between 9-18...the Hawks dont pick in that range due to the Woody factor. You will have to find another huckleberry to draft because we are in the top3. Shelden wont go to the Hawks. And thats OK because Duke players usually are nothing but a tease...rumors are out there that Shelden is only 6'7...uh oh...another 6'7 SF...Well, hell, maybe BK finds a way to draft him afterall.