• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

How did Darko only play 3 minutes tonight??

Lascar78

The crowd was chanting "Darkoooooo.......Darkooooo" and I don't think Flip would allowed him to enter the game if the crowd wasn't chanting that. He may of allowed him to play closer to a minute, but not 3 minutes, and I wish they would stop hurting his career.

I'm also worried about Amir Johnson, because he's very young, talented, and I really like his game. We won't see him be productive for years, but I think the kid has a very bright future, and I hope the Pistons treat him well. I don't want to see what's happening to Darko happen to Amir.

On a note to that Amir decided to enter the draft, because of the new age rules the NBA added.

Quote:

why not play him at least 15 minutes?

Because of what i've been saying from day one: darko stinks.

Larry got a lot of heat for not playing him, and now flip isnt playing him. I would think those two guys know a little bit more about talent than you guys on this board who just love the guy and want to give him a shot. He will be lucky if he can play at KWAME BROWN'S level.

• Moderators

Quote:

The question is, knowing what you know about his playing time with two different coaches.....Would you trade Al for Darko straight up??

That is a hard one!!

I would have in the past but the fact that Flip Saunders isn't even trying to develop him for 10 mpg is a red flag. No way would I trade for him for Al without seeing something dramatic from him.

Quote:

We could use Darko on this team badly. He would get massive playing time with Hawks!!

The question is, knowing what you know about his playing time with two different coaches.....Would you trade Al for Darko straight up??

That is a hard one!!

Why do we need him badly? Dont we need to get good players to build around our young core and not busts.

Diesel often mentions the "hype machine" when he talks about marvin which i disagree with, but it is very true for darko. He was built up by all of the "professional analysts" and "insiders" and joe dumars fell for it. it happens. Its time for you people to stop this love affair with darko and realize he will never be close to being a good player in this league. This false hope of him coming to atlanta and becoming a star the way jermaine oneal did in indy is ridiculous. trade al for darko straight up? you've got to be f'n kidding me.

• Premium Member

Georgia probably has THE WORST bandwagon fans in the entire f'n universe. Man, I just want to throw up sometimes... Listening to the radio and people are calling in and whatnot...

When Sacramento was hot...O M G...

"Oh yeah man...Sac that's my team there. The gonna do something this year..." They ain't doing nothing now, strange how I don't hear anyone talking about them. And damn, don't say Hawks...don't even think about it.

What's so funny is I see so many cats rockin' Hawks gear...

Well you have to think....they are holding on to him for some reason also. Why haven't they traded him??

There are a lot of behind the scenes information that we don't have. Maybe the Pistons are just that loaded that they don't need to play him?

As far as Atlanta, we are in desparate need of a 7 footer with athletic ability that can play a stick of defense. On paper he fits the profile.

I think the main problem for Darko is that he is just on a hell of a team with veterans all over the place and he is still the kid on this team. From what I have seen from him he has shown flashes of ability and like Zsa Zsa he just needs some minutes to show what he can do.

Until he gets minutes you can't truly say he is a bust on the BEST team in the NBA.

Quote:

Anybody here notice that for career stats Marvin Williams has more points, rebounds, assists and steals than Darko and has fewer turnovers?

if you look at it per minutes, darko is averaging more rebounds per minute over his career, and less points per minute but not by too much. I will never understand why they haven't played him more.

Even if he sucks (which he doesn't really seem to), I would at least give him major minutes in any garbage situation to see what he can do and make sure that he does indeed suck before I let him go. The only possible reason I can see is if they want to keep him and they want his value as low as possible for when he goes on the market. If so, that's a horrible excuse.

There is no reason for him not to get at least 12 min per game, and he should have gotten 20 last night

i think they are not playing him much so they can resign him for cheap

there are rumors of them turning down some talent, including al, for darko...so they must think he has some upside...even if they aren't high on him, u still play him in garbage time

the only logical reason to not play him during blowouts is that they wanna keep his market price low