and he made it clear Tuesday that he intends to make the Pistons pay

for giving up on him so quickly.

"I'm definitely going to get the last laugh when it's all over

with," said White, the ninth player taken in the 2001 draft. "The team

here (in Denver) thinks I can become an All-Star. Now, it's just me

living up to that. We are going to have our ups and downs, but I am

going to be able to play my basketball game and be relaxed."

• Premium Member

I don't know, I think Joe is a pretty good Judge of talent. I mean think about it. He sent Grant Hill away for Chucky Atkins, Ben Wallace, and 2 1st rounders. Wallace wasn't that good with Washington and only slightly better with Orlando. Atkins was a ham and egger with Orlando.

Joe Hired Rick Carlisle over Rick Mahorn, Bill Lambeer, and other guys who he could have highered.

Joe traded JYD for Williamson when everyone thought Big Nasty was washed up.

Joe traded Brian Cardinal and Jed Buchelor for Cliffy Robinson, when everybody thought uncle Cliffy was overpaid and washed up.

Joe hasn't done much wrong so far.

This yr will be under the microscope but I think he made a few good moves for the future.

Well it might not be so much of Joe knowing

talent or he knew how bad Hill's problems were

and the fact he wanted the huge contract.

"Joe traded Brian Cardinal and Jed Buchelor for Cliffy Robinson, when everybody thought uncle Cliffy was overpaid and washed up."

It was John Wallace and who thought Cliff was washed

up???

Dumars did an EXCELLENT job of getting some compensation for Hill but Hill was going to walk anyway. The only reason the Pistons got Wallace and Atkins in the deal was because ORL was clearing salary cap space to make sure they could max out both Hill and McGrady rather than asking one of them to take less. Are you sure they got TWO first rounders in that deal? They MIGHT have but I don't remember that.

The above is not a knock on Dumars, I think he has done a very good job so far as GM. I'm just stating a fact. He didn't want Hill to leave and there is no way in hell he would have traded Hill if he had wanted to stay.

• Premium Member

Remember Orlando's plan was to get Tmac, Hill, and Duncan. They needed to SNT for Duncan and Hill. Tmac was already there. They were pushing the cap as far as it could be pushed already.

In theory, he could have walked. BUT given Orlando's situation, they needed Joe to make the trade.

Phoenix didn't think Cliffy was washed up, he just was another member of the "not so sqeeuky clean ship em out" brigade.

Kidd smacks his wife, he gets traded

Cliffy gets caught for smoking a reefer, he gets traded

I think Phoenix has gone of this stance of trading away their players if they get into trouble since Starbury got caught for DUI and is still with the team.

• Premium Member

Not Really.

Penny Slapped his wife around too. Remember him and Kidd were Backslap 2000 (Backcourt 2000)?

Also, Starberry wasn't close to squeaky clean when Phoenix got him.

Cliffy wasn't exactly thought to be washed up, but Phoenix didn't feel he was worth the money and the long contract. It was a get rid of him NOW while he still has value kinda deal. When you have Googs and Penny sucking up all your cash, those kind of deals happen. I wouldn't be surprised to see them try to ship Marion off for Young good talent.

Bucks thought Big Dog was washed up?

Do you really think they thought Jud and

John Wallace would give them more than

Cliff?lol I say coke,you say Pepsi.But the

numbers showed he was still better than

Jud and John freakin Wallace.