• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

If we follow the plan...

Diesel

• Premium Member

Trade JJ for Andre/Nene.

Trade Al to Indy.. get back Arajuo/unprotected first from Toronto.

Then...

In the draft, we can pick:

Morrison and Aldridge (1st round). Mardy Collins (2nd round)

We can develop this team for the next 2 yrs.

Miller, Morrison, Marvin, Smoove, Aldridge.

With that team you have defense, you have rebounding, you have depth because off the bench you would have:

Zaza, Arajuo, Nene, Lue, Salim, Collins, and Chillz.

Finally, every position is accounted for.

The whole team can grow together... led by the future superstar MARVIN Williams and the vet PG Miller.

JJ is not untouchable.

• Premium Member

FROM PG to SG.... I think he has lost some value.

Do you continue to pay a SG 14 million dollars if your team only has 10 wins?

And let's open the unstated..

Why is it that GAURDS are blowing past JJ every night for their season highs???

• Premium Member

Quote:

Strengths: A special talent ... Old school right down to the stripes on the socks ... Like a coach on the floor ... Incredibly competitive ... The game comes very easily to him ... A great player in the half court ... Can create offense for himself or others ... Really excels with the ball in his hands at the top of the key ... Very good scorer with complete offensive repertoire ... Effortless shooting stroke ... Has great anticipation and basketball understanding ... Great intangibles, competes and inspires others to play hard ... Hard worker ... Plays with great intensity and aggressiveness ... Fundamentally solid, does all the little things to help his team win ... A true competitor. Will not back down from anyone ... Wants to take the big shot ... Sees the floor well, and is creative finding teammates for baskets ... Catches and shoots, or can shoot on the move ... Great at moving without the ball ... Finds a way to score against betetr athletes ... Great leadership ability ...

Weaknesses: Not especially gifted athletically ... Lacks great foot speed getting out into transition ... Runs decent, but needs a head of steam ...Better hand speed than foot speed ... Leaping ability is average ... Plays hard on defense but lacks great lateral quickness ... Lack of a great first step will make it harder to get shots off against superior athletes ...

Quote:

Strengths: Only a given few have the ball skills that Johnson possesses at 6-9. Penny Hardaway (6-7), Lamar Odom, and Magic Johnson come to mind. Has very good vision and passing skills. Great intangibles. Has that certain feel for the game that the great ones have, knows where to be, what to do. Great shot, handle, passing, vision, confidence.

Weaknesses: Must get stronger, learn the game. Entering just his sophomore season, Johnson still has alot of basketball to learn. Must stay aggressive.

I've watched Morrison enough to know that his game is the truth. What I really like about him is that he has confidence like a superstar. He has Lebron type confidence.

I'd sure take Morrison in a heartbeat...he looks like a real competitor. At first I figured he was over-hyped due to the pigment thing...but the more I've seen of him the more impressed I am.

Realistically though, what are the odds the "Hawks Braintrust" could figure out a way to make somethng like this happen? Best would be to just go for a solid C/PF and hope.

Did everybody see Marvin block that shot the other night? I'd say that we are about to turn the corner defensively. Maybe we'll get a little winning streak going grin.gif

• Premium Member

Morrison is the type of competitor that I wish Marvin were. Marvin doesn't have it.

As far as the Hawks brain trust, same rules should apply that they used last year..

Best player available.

Morrison is definitely the best player available that I have seen play the game in a while. He is what many wanted Big country I mean Bogut to be...

I'm not joshing here, it would be worthwhile to pick this kid, and to use JJ to get that Big and PG (Miller/Nene).

I would use Al to get Aldridge under the circumstances..

The plan makes sense. What doesn't makes sense is the people who think just because we went through so much to get JJ that we can't trade him...

SHOOT. I think that Morrison will eclipse JJ and be better than JJ as a SG.

Quote:

FROM PG to SG.... I think he has lost some value.

Do you continue to pay a SG 14 million dollars if your team only has 10 wins?

And let's open the unstated..

Why is it that GAURDS are blowing past JJ every night for their season highs???

Nah, you have JJ mixed up with Lue... wink.gif

Quote:

No Hawks is playing any defense...

Again you are wrong. Smith plays D. Childress has made a big improvement defensively this year. JJ plays D although he isn't exerting himself as much now as he did earlier in the year.

Al and Zaza are the killers because they can't challenge layups, and layups are high percentage shots.

Quote:

I hate I missed the Seattle/Phoenix game... DAMN!! That's NO defense.

Believe it or not the D wasn't that bad, guys were just making very tough, contested outside shots over and over. Hardy anything inside except an occassional Marion alleyoop dunk.

Ray Allen went nuts in the 4th and OT from downtown.