• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

BK needs to step up yesterday...

y2kenta

IND is falling and fading fast, and they are more ready to move Artest than ever. They are losing games in bunches (esp. tonight, losing by 30) and the time for us to take advantage of the Artest saga is NOW!!!

ATL should really push for one of the following deals:

1. Al (to IND) + Delk (to DEN) | Artest (to DEN) | A. Miller (to ATL)

2. Al (to IND) + Lue (to LAL) | Artest (to LAL) | Odom or Mihm/ George (to ATL)

DEN - is hot for Artest and could use his perimeter defense and they could maybe part with Dre and accept Delk.

LAL - has nothing to really offer IND, but we can offer LAL a veteran PG (who's played in LA under Phil). Artest has also been rumored to have bought a house in LA.

IND - see above

ATL - we are desperate and we must get something in return for AL to make up for the last 2 years of trading expiring contracts for next to nothing. Though Andre Miller or Odom would be "off the meter" good for us, Mihm would be a good fit, because he's more aggressive now, he blocks shots, and rebounds well.

Keep in mind, AL only wanted to leave IND to get a starting spot and now with Artest leaving, he'd start in IND. I think either of the deals above would really improve our team overall and helps us win consistently now, while staying young.

Either of these lineups would make us a whole lot better and get us way more wins than our current lineup:

1. Zaza / Odom / Smoove / JJ / Salim - (3 ball handlers + more shots available for Salim (who's ready) to start + Odom is the 2nd most "versatile" PF in the game [behind Garnett])

2. Zaza / Smoove / Marvin / JJ / Andre - (we'd finally fill our PG void in a big way + Andre is a pass first PG that would get the ball to JJ like Nash did + Andre would get our tempo up and allow that young horses to run and gun)

3. Mihm / Smoove / George or Marvin / JJ / Salim - (Mihm and Smoove would definately improve our interior defense with our starters + Guys will look to free up/ get the ball to Salim alot more + Zaza could still get starter minutes or could maybe even start with Mihm - confused.gif )

• Moderators

I definitely think Artest is going to the Lakers, but I think they know now they don't have to give up anyone near as good as Odom to get him.

Odom is the only trade I'd be interested in. I don't think Denver is giving up Miller and it wouldn't make much sense for us to give up Al without getting a big man in return.

immediately. That would be TERRIBLE! What has Devean George EVER done other than ride the coat tails of Shaq and Kobe? He is absolutely worthless to this team because I'd MUCH rather have Marvin, Chillz, Smoove, JJ or Salim on the floor at any position he might be asked to play. As for Mihm, he is a solid big man but nothing special and certainly not worth a guy the caliber of Al Harrington.

I think Odom is a better rebounder, ballhandler and passer and Al is a better offensive player. Defensively, neither is great but I'd probably give a slight edge to Odom. Overall, I'd give a slight talent edge to Odom but I think Al will come cheaper than Odom. Also, historically, Al has displayed better character and a better attitude. The question then becomes is Odom worth the extra $1.5M to $3M a season more that he would likely make? I say MAYBE.

I think Odom would be much better for us. If BK really thinks he will make this thing work without a PG, with players that are versatile enough to do it all, then Odom is your man. He will not hog the ball and greatly help with our distribution, particularly from the post. He is roughly as good a scorer as Al, but the offense does not grind to a halt like it does when Al gets it.

I think Odom's character issues were a long, long time ago. I'm over that.

I would be very concerned with his contract though. If you have Odom and JJ making huge bucks, you can't add much else. We'd pretty much be rolling with ?-JJ-Marvin-Odom-C from the draft as our future.

I think dumping it to Odom in the post will lead to a lot more points for our young slashers than dumping it to Al in the post.

That being said I think that the odds of this happening are close to zero, but it's an interesting debate.

him could open up some interesting things. For instance, in the off season, would Toronto consider dealing Bosh for Smoove (or Marvin)/#1 overall?

Zaza/Edwards

Bosh/Marvin (or Smoove)

Odom/Chillz

JJ/Salim

Speedy Claxton???/Lue

or BK's wet dream: grin.gif

Bosh

Odom

Marvin (or Smoove)

Chillz

JJ

The income tax situation alone for Raptors' players is enough to make a guy consider leaving and when you look at the state of their franchise, they have to know he could leave.

Toronto could do a lot worse than Aldridge/Smoove for Bosh. Aldridge/Villanueva/Smoove (or Marvin) could be a very good frontcourt for a long time.