• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Don't weep for JJ

exodus

Seems like some people here are feeling sorry for JJ because he has to "babysit" a bunch of young players. Apparently their memories aren't too good.

As I recall JJ CHOSE to come here. As far as i know he isn't blind or dumb. He knew the hawks were a 13 win team. he knew they had a bunch of young players.

He also knew Al was a ufa. He knows free agents leave. After all THAT IS WHAT HE DID. He left a 60 win team to come here because he wanted to prove himself. He wanted to show that he was more than just a standstill shooter. That is what he said.

He wanted to prove his worth as a player and judging by what I have seen he is doing exactly that. I don't see a guy who is moping around feeling sorry for himself. I see a guy whose last two months have been as follows:

December 21ppg 50%fg, 43% from 3, 5.8 apg

January 21ppg 48%fg, 40% from 3, 6.1 apg

Do those look like the numbers of someone who is overwhelmed with the responsibilities he has here? Sure doesn't look that way to me. It looks to me like he is doing exactly what he intended to do when he signed his contract.

No question he is still learning as he goes. he needs to get a better feel for what he can do and what he can't. It is sometimes hard for him to get the right balance of taking charge and involving the team. No doubt the addition of a pg will help here.

But we don't need to feel sorry for JJ.

• Admin

that's just insane for me to consider. That someone here, would actually feel sorry for a guy who took SEVENTY MILLION DOLLARS to come to a bad team. shiiiiiiiit...

He knew good and well that we werne't going to be good this year. The Hawks dangled the right amount of money in his face and told him that they wanted to build around him and would do everything in their power to put good players around him.

He knew exactly what the situation was and was willing to do his part to make us a better team. I have major respect for him for doing that. It takes a man to take the hard road and in his given profession, he took one of the hardest roads available to him.

Besides.. these guys play for championships. Had he stayed in phoenix, he still wouldn't have gotten one!

I didn't like the trade when it happened. I thought they gave up too much for him.

I watched him perform very well in the playoffs last year and liked his game. However he is proving to be better than I thought he was.

His mid-range game is excellent and almost unguardable. He isn't a pg but does have good ball-handling and passing skills for a 2.

He is definitely ballin, especially here lately. And I don't get how the Hawks have to suddenly change their rebuilding plan because they got him.

BTW what is a pooh-bah?

• Admin

He's a very good player that will only get better as this team improves. I can see him peaking at something like 23/5/5, once we have a PG and our other positions are more developed.

No idea where the poobah title came from. You're the only person i've seen with it. Or did you mean what is a poo bah?

pooh-bah

Quote:

BTW what is a pooh-bah?

looks like I was beaten to the definition pooh-bah2.jpg

I am still puzzled by some of those titles. I was told that they're by post number, which yours is

0 stranger

25 newbie

50 journeyman

100 member

200 enthusiast

400 addict

700 old hand

1200 veteran

1600 Pooh-Bah

2500 Carpal 'Tunnel

yet I see for instance that Hotlantadude at a very similar # of posts as team MVP while I believe I've been 6th man forever

I honestly couldn't care less, but this intrigues me, it seems like it must be individually assigned

you know, it's the little things in life...

Diaw works there because of his defense. He can guard several positions, so he can get a matchup on offense that he can take advantage of.

He was pretty good at taking it to the basket when he tried it while he was here. Going against a slower footed big man he can get by them easily.

I don't see how he could be that effective here. No way would they play him at the 4.

also Grand Poobah(mspld) was a rapper...

i don't feel sorry for JJ but i'm glad he showed the fortitude (the money helped i'm sure) to come to our team. I think he is a real special talent and can be a goto guy when we get a point and our young talents get more experience..

Quote:

If JJ is our only experienced player, we will lose a lot.

Bottom line.

First of all we are losing a lot right now and JJ is not our only experience player.

We don't know what will happen when JJ is our only experienced player because that scenario hasn't happened yet.

• Premium Member

Yeah, but if you take away our other experienced player, we will lose worse...

Some of the losses that we have taken are easier to stomach than if we sucked. Maybe you don't remember sucking.. I do. Right now, we are on the fringe of not sucking because we play hard (even though we lose).

the mb software has functionality that chillz could allow some of us (most forums do it after someone hits a big number like 3k/5k) to create our own title (he'd have to approve though)

what do you think about that option, chillz? Set a number like 3/4/5k+ and once someone reaches that they choose their own title per your approval?

• Premium Member

That's the problem.

You measure by mere wins and losses...

You don't know how to evaluate based on the players we have on the floor.

We have a bunch of young players and 2 vets who never were lead scorers. Yet we are in every game. A lot of us can point to coaching errors for some losses.

Yet you look at the wins and losses and try to determine what we should do based on that alone...

I'm glad that you are not BK...

Otherwise, we'd never get anywhere.