• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Rookie Challenge

bretski33

Quote:

My guess will be Marvin will make the rookie squad as a warm body and out of respect for UNC. Besides, he can throw down a couple jams and get the crowd going.

i would LOVE to see Marvin and Salim on the court at the same time against Childress and Smoove. that would be sweet. so who do you think wins that battle?

Smoove's D vs Marvin. Marvin is still tentative, he will be trouble down low when he gets over that.

Salim's three pointers Vs Childress' steals and hustle on D.

Press Release - Milwaukee Bucks forward Andrew Bogut, the first overall selection in the 2005 NBA Draft, and Orlando Magic forward Dwight Howard, the first player chosen in the 2004 NBA Draft, lead a list of 19 players selected to play in the 2006 T-Mobile Rookie Challenge on Friday, Feb. 17 at the Toyota Center in Houston.

Joining Bogut on the Rookie team are Luther Head of the Houston Rockets ; Danny Granger and Sarunas Jasikevicius of the Indiana Pacers ; Chris Paul of the New Orleans/Oklahoma City Hornets; Channing Frye and Nate Robinson of the New York Knicks ; Charlie Villanueva of the Toronto Raptors ; and Deron Williams of the Utah Jazz .

Teaming with Howard on the Sophomore team are Emeka Okafor of the Charlotte Bobcats , who is injured and will not participate; Luol Deng, Ben Gordon and Andres Nocioni of the Chicago Bulls ; Devin Harris of the Dallas Mavericks ; T.J. Ford of the Milwaukee Bucks ; Nenad Krstic of the New Jersey Nets ; Jameer Nelson of the Orlando Magic and Andre Iguodala of the Philadelphia 76ers .

• Admin

I question Danny Granger over Salim and TJ getting the nod since he was out last year but really I think all these guys are more deserving. They are having better more consistent years then our guys.

Smith or Chill will probably get to play since Okafor is injured.

So basically

Andrew Bogu

Luther Head

Danny Granger

Sarunas Jasikevicius

Chris Paul

Channing Frye

Nate Robinson

Charlie Villanueva

Deron Williams

vs

Dwight Howard

Emeka Okafor

Luol Deng

Ben Gordon

Andres Nocioni

Devin Harris

T.J. Ford

Nenad Krstic

Jameer Nelson

Andre Iguodala

I don't think so. BK is trying to build for the long term. So why would he care?

Honestly, any of our 4 could have made it, but they never do favors to teams with bad records. Marvin would be there based on current play, but not based on the whole season. He will be there next year. Smith could have made it too, but again, no favors.

it's not the end of the world. What matters is whether we are winning or not in a year or two

Quote:

What part is BS?...Look at the list, any Hawks? NO..Look at the list again, any guys we passed on?..Yes..Its hard to argue with the simple truth..

Most everyone agrees that Chill was a shady pick

Other than that, Marvin was a known project, it says nothing of BK's skill that he's not there

Everyone there was drafted before Salim and before Smith I believe.

So again, other than Chill, this doesn't say sh!t about BK

Quote:

Quote:

What part is BS?...Look at the list, any Hawks? NO..Look at the list again, any guys we passed on?..Yes..Its hard to argue with the simple truth..

Most everyone agrees that Chill was a shady pick

Other than that, Marvin was a known project, it says nothing of BK's skill that he's not there

Everyone there was drafted before Salim and before Smith I believe.

So again, other than Chill, this doesn't say sh!t about BK

Nocioni was not drafted.

This is an absolute crock. No one in their right mind can tell me Danny Granger or Nate Robinson or Luther Head belongs ahead of especially Salim. And at the very least, would you think the fans might want to see Josh dunk a couple times in this game? On the soph side, I can agree with all except Nocioni and maybe TJ Ford, since he should probably be considered a 3rd yr player. Just more disrespect in general.

You know we are doing something seriously wrong when we have 4 guys 2 rookies and 2 sophs who the Hawks think are gonna be pretty good players not even make any of these 2 teams. THis is a clear sign that Woodson doesnt have a clue what hes doing and BK needs to trade AL. All these guys should be getting HUGE MINUTES We are not gonna win anything time soon. Play the young guys look at all these other TEAMS PLAYING THERE YOUNG GUYS EXCEPT US. WHAT ARE WE SPECIAL GOD I THAT HATE THIS CRAP. Also it was pretty obvious Marvin wasnt making it he didnt have no where the stats the other guys had.