• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

jsmoove having a hell of a game tonight

Admin

Game tied at 25 when Al goes out.

Hawks up by 9 when he comes back in. Cats immediately go on a 7-0 run to cut the lead to 2.

3rd quarter Al picks up his 4th foul and goes to the bench with the Hawks up 9.

After 6 minutes he comes back in and the Hawks are up 14.

They win by 10.

Anyone see a pattern here?

when he is in the game the ball gets moved around well and we are able to take a nice lead ... then he goes out and Lue decides he needs to take over the scoring, which is fine for a sg but bad for a pg, and we lose the lead ... I think Ivey is the only PG we have had since Mookie left that actually stops opposing PGs from driving down the middle at will.

If Ivey played for some good coach he would be playing at least 30min a night. There is not many PG who want to defend like Ivey. In the game against Ny we are up about 20pts and 1 min or so left and Ivey takes a charge. That is just crazy that he only gets 10min per game, if Larry Brown was his coach he would be getting about 30min per night.

Great game Smoove

Only you could come up with something that far off base. Salim is just a chucker. He has more turnovers than assists and shot 38% from the field in January. He struggles on D also.

Ivey is way better defensively, shoots a better percentage and does a much better job of running the offense.

Quote:

Ivey stinks....Salim should start...period

I seriously doubt either one is the answer at PG. A defensive PG is a great bonus, but being able to run the offense is job 1. Good defensive teams can cover for a defensively challenged PG...and it's something the bigs will likely do if they are getting set up with good passing and a few free dunks a game. Our problem is we have guys like Felton last night, getting by their man and gettting into the paint where they are challenged by ?? generally nobody...

Quote:

Quote:

Ivey stinks....Salim should start...period

I seriously doubt either one is the answer at PG. A defensive PG is a great bonus, but being able to run the offense is job 1. Good defensive teams can cover for a defensively challenged PG...and it's something the bigs will likely do if they are getting set up with good passing and a few free dunks a game. Our problem is we have guys like Felton last night, getting by their man and gettting into the paint where they are challenged by ?? generally nobody...

I think the point of the whole situation is this: Ivey may not be across-the-NBA starter material, but on this team, he obviously is bringing more to the table all-around than any other PG we have. The reverse lay-in he had on the assist from JJ last night was nice, and I thought to myself, "could Lue do that?" Not a chance. Lue is better from 3, and a stronger overall shooter, but I think Ivey is a MUCH better passer and ball handler...he fights through picks, and cuts off lanes way better.

I am not saying Ivey is our 30+ minute guy every night, but splitting time with Lue is at least an acceptable soloution. Or get a feel for the flow of the game and play whichever would fit the pace better.

Ivey should be getting more minutes for this team. Period.

[quoteI am not saying Ivey is our 30+ minute guy every night, but splitting time with Lue is at least an acceptable soloution. Or get a feel for the flow of the game and play whichever would fit the pace better.

Ivey should be getting more minutes for this team. Period.

I certainly agree with you there, he should be getting a better look and more minutes. I had previously felt that Salim should be getting more minutes at PG (and maybe it's too early to tell) but as things have gone the last few games it looks like Ivey and Lue at PG - with Salim subbing at shooting guard. Problem is, none stand out enough consistently to gain a real foothold. In Royal's case that could be because he's not given that much of a chance to gain time.