• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

It is sad when...

Popeye

our 2nd unit plays their asses of and outscore opponent by 15 points and your starters come well rested and blow another game(specially Harrington).

It's happen at least 10 times this season and it's ridiculous. I would at least stay with the second unit when you going to loose anyways Woody.

Whose fault is that guys Woody or the players?

I hate to say it, but Al is killing us. He is a ship anchor holding these guys back from developing and winning (just a couple more) games. Feburary 23rd is only about 3 weeks away, so maybe we only have to put up with him for that long. I wouldn't mind AL staying, but I think we'd be a lot better, a lot faster if he's moved for a talented PG.

Al + Delk for Andre Miller would be a bit of a dream come true for all of us, huh?

I'm not going to bash Al based on one poor game or even a string of them (he really hasn't been all that great for the past month or so), mainly based on the fact that he was our best player for all of last season, and really the only guy we could rely on to score points for us. So for that I'm grateful to him, but IMO it's pretty clear that at this point he probably needs to go for a whole variety of reasons- not the least of which are his impending UFA status and the fact that he should still be a pretty valuable trading chip, and he's frankly expendable. I mean really, we're not going to the playoffs irregardless of whether we trade him or not- so I don't see much point in keeping him provided we can get a good player in return (the bold emphasis is for Diesel's sake). And some of Al's comments this season, specifically regarding Denver and Chicago, have bothered me, a lot. Those comments almost smacked of disloyalty, or at least of some seriously skewed priorities. IMO you don't talk about sh*t like that while you're under contract and being paid very, very well by your current team. That's wrong, and it really bothers me.

And as far as what we could get in trade, I have no idea- but I know what I don't want. I don't want garbage players, I don't want expiring contracts, I don't want picks- we've got more than enough youngsters on this team as it is. If we can get a good big man or point guard, or at least players in those positions with the real potential of being good, then obviously you've gotta go for that.

• Premium Member

Actually, we ought to trade Zaza too.

Even though Zaza leads all big men in Oreb and steals, He provides nothing for us. I think Batman given more time could do just as well as Zaza. Zaza makes too much money to keep around when his defense is so bad. I think we ought to see if Charlotte would take Zaza for Brevin Knight. Or if N.O. will take Zaza for Speedy Claxton.

Both Al and Zaza are wasted here. We need to play all of our young guys and all of these guys who are weak on defense has to go.

I agree. And Zaza shows a lot of skill for a 21 year old getting his first taste of minutes. He needs to work on his hands because he has problems catching sometimes, but he plays well over what I expected of him. He can hit short jumpers, and he isn't afraid to really work for rebounds. Lost in all the talk about him is the fact that we have a big man that can actually hit his free throws well.

Most, if not all of the come back was our 2nd unit vs. their 2nd unit. Their starters were not in the game, they had starters with 3 or 4 fouls on the bench saving them for the 4th quarter. So don't treat this is if our bench outplayed their starters.

Secondly, to Al's credit, even though he stunk up the joint while shooting 4-16 from the field, when he came back in he did not launch another brick the rest of the game.

Quote:

Actually, we ought to trade Zaza too.

Even though Zaza leads all big men in Oreb and steals, He provides nothing for us. I think Batman given more time could do just as well as Zaza. Zaza makes too much money to keep around when his defense is so bad.

umm how is zaza making too much money? He's locked up for next 3 years at 4 million. It's reasonable at worst. AL is up for a huge contract..