• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Bums that you guys wanted on our team thread!!

Wurider05

the funniest isn't that he wanted curry here, but that he started that thread to say beggars cant be choosers, and basically that if the best we can get is a bum, we need to settle for a bum. In the let's get curry thread #1 by him:

"Beggars can't be choosers!

Guys let's be real. We are the Atlanta Hawks. No one wants to play for us we are the most disrespected team in the NBA. We are suffering for the bad decisions and images that were made years ago. No one expects much from us so we really have nothing to lose. We are the ugly girl at the prom. We need to get whatever we can get, screw the high road that Billy Knight is taking. That will get us the samething it got us last year-NOTHING."

And now he's got a thread pointing out that we're all dumb for wanting to get bums here, and his #1 bum is curry

That's hilarious

FWIW I wanted and still do want Curry, although not at the price he got.

• Premium Member

...why did you have to do your boy like that Doc? lol

Wow. Y'know, I've had similar inclinations to go back and dig up all the Anti-Paul business that was going on pre-draft (and to hear some of these same cats now *tisk*).

Yeah, let it be known though that I choose my words carefully everytime I post and stay consistent with what I think - regardless of what popular opinion is.

Of the guys on this "Bum" list, Magloire is the only one I've been particularly interested in. I liked Curry, but not at the price that it would have taken; and I actually prefered Chandler to all of them.

Still don't like Kenyon. Still not sold on the Dally hype.

Dalembert leads the league in blocks and would be an amazing acquisition for our team.

Remember past offseasons when people really wanted a tall PG to go along with Jason Terry. They wanted anyone tall, and I mean anyone. People were real upset when we didn't get Alvin Williams, lol.

• 6 months later...
  • Premium Member

Quote:

Dalembert leads the league in blocks and would be an amazing acquisition for our team.

I wouldn't have minded Dalembert because he is a better rebounder and shotblocker than Zaza. He would still be a better acquisition than anyone else on this list.

For value, Zaza is certainly better. Plus Philly fans claim Sammy is as (basketball) dumb as a rock.

Good point. Now a bunch of us (including me) hope we get Bynum - a kid who shoots FT less than 30%. (That is far worse than Shaq.) Young and big = hope. And we need some hope.

But BK hasn't completely missed out on the Big stiffs. We still have Edwards (but cheap) and who knows how our draft choice will work out. Hopefully the summer league was a fluke.