• Raised $390 of $700 target

HARRIGNTON HAS ASKED FOR A TRADE?

HawksFan87

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure I believe a Chicago based newspaper, they're probably 2nd behind New York Papers in making up stuff. However, I do think trading Al now is a better option than waiting until after the season. I feel there are many deals we can make that will make us better.

What the hell is everyoen so happy about?

If this is true then it is a disaster. The trading deadline is on Thursday. When a player request a trade the team that he is on loses leverage, like Ron Artest. In our case if we don't trade him before Thursday teams know he won't resign with us in the offseason.

With only 3 days left our backs are against the wall because we basically now have to take whatever teams are willing to give us as teams that want him in the offseason can call our bluff knowing Harrington doesn't want to be here.

I hope we get a good player, maybe something BK was sitting on and wasn't willing to pull the trigger because he wanted a 1st round pick.

Quote:

When a player request a trade the team that he is on loses leverage, like Ron Artest. In our case if we don't trade him before Thursday teams know he won't resign with us in the offseason.

First of all, it's not a guy forcing a trade. That's what happenned with Artest. Plus they suspended him so they were really screwed. This is a guy asking for a trade, so we don't lose any leverage really. However only having 4 days left, and that is a big problem. We'll probably get a worse trade than we could have gotten, but then again maybe not. For instance if Denver offered Nene +2 picks or Nene+Watson earlier and BK said no, who's to say that he can't call them back and say "I changed my mind I'll take that deal if you still want it". Yeah we said no and Al wants out, but the bottom line is Denver (or whoever) still want Al just as bad, and will lose him to another team if they don't give a good deal. So there is still leverage.

Also, it's not that big a deal that he won't re-sign here in the offseason as he's not a restricted. The bottom line is that whether he said this or not, either one of the very few teams with enough capspace can sign him outright, or other teams (that Al is likely to want to go to) HAVE TO arrange a sign and trade with us that we like. Otherwise we won't do it.

So really I think this is a good thing, but it would be better if it was private between BK and Al, and had happenned about a month ago.

On hoopshype:

Quote:

Like Antoine Walker last season, Al Harrington is looking to escape Atlanta before the trading deadline for a shot with a playoff contender. Like Walker, who went to Boston at last season's deadline, Harrington is in the final year of his contract with little desire to return to the Hawks in the offseason. South Florida Sun-Sentinel

I think what both of them fail to understand is the fact that we dont want either one of them on our team long turn anyway.So him wanting to leave does'nt bother me who cares, he's been just abosolutley horrible lately and, I think BK sees the promise and the fight in the young guys if they are given the oppurtunity like in the LAKERS game. They can succeed but not with AL on this team.

Quote:

What the hell is everyoen so happy about?

Also, last we heard from BK, he said that he would like to re-sign Al and would try to. That would be bad for us. No PT for the young guns, a highly paid tweener at the 4 who plays zero defense and kills ball movement for the next 5 years. This at least ensures that that scenario will not happen.

They are going to want more than AL for FRYE and quite frankly he is'nt worth it to me especially not any of the young guys, The deals I think we could go for is are ones with DENVER, MINNESOTA or the BUCKS maybe even CHICAGO for BEN GORDON who knows as long as it is a good deal.

Quote:

For instance if Denver offered Nene +2 picks or Nene+Watson earlier and BK said no, who's to say that he can't call them back and say "I changed my mind I'll take that deal if you still want it".

How is that not losing leverage? He had the power to say no before, but now they can so no and BK has to decide whether to take what they offer or keep Al and risk losing him this offseason for nothing. No team seems to have money to get Al this offseason but teams pull out tricks all the time. Who's to say a team won't use their Allan Houston rule privledges to make space to pick up Al. I didn't say we lost all leverage I just said we've lost leverage. Now don't get me wrong, I'm willing to take Nene and Watson, but Denver now doesn't even have to offer that.