• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Mostly likely Harrington trades

tmac13

Watson and Nene for Al..I still love this deal for us..I know Watson is somewhat overpaid, but he is a quality point guard..His defense at the position alone will improve the Hawks..We also get the restricted rights to Nene who is the best bigman available this summer..He is another quality defensive player who would be an excellent compliment to Zaza..With this trade I feel we are a playoff team next season and we can use our lottery pick to take the BPA..

Chicago's 1st(a likely lottery pick) and Tim Thomas for Al..Thomas is there for salary only and we immediately release him but we secure a 2nd lottery pick this year..We take the best bigman and best point guard availble with our 2 picks.

Jamal Crawford , Jackie Butler, and the Spurs 1st round pick for Al from the Knicks..Crawford would actually be an excellent partner to JJ in teh backcourt and is better than is given credit for..Butler is a bruising young bigman that the Knicks can afford to part with, and we get a late 1st rounder that we can use to take the best player available.

Thoughts?

No, no, no. That NY deal is the worst I have seen. Jamal Crawford will never wear an ATL uniform. I'd like to get a player that will actually contribute to the team on top of a pick if we go the pick route (Duhon, etc). It would be nice to actually get a starter quality PG or C. Not sure about Watson's contract, I really don't care for it. Nene I like though. Is there any chance that we could somehow get an Andre Miller or a TJ Ford or are those just fantasy Hawks deals.

I think you will see that Al's value around the league is not nearly as high as it is on this board..He is a no defense playing, average rebounding shot chucker..He really would be best suited to a team that wanted him for the 3 instead of the 4 spot..

I actually heard that New York deal from a friend of mine up there and while I am not in love with Crawford, I sort of like it because I think Butler might turn into something special with playing time..

If BK wants to play defense, the NY deal may be the way to go. Jackie Butler is a stud and could turn into a Ben Wallace! Crawford also fits that mold. I was bummed when Butler didn't come to camp with us, but would love to see him in the post with Zaza.

I'd also consider trading Salim for Jarret Jack.

Quote:

Watson and Nene for Al..I still love this deal for us..I know Watson is somewhat overpaid, but he is a quality point guard..His defense at the position alone will improve the Hawks..We also get the restricted rights to Nene who is the best bigman available this summer..He is another quality defensive player who would be an excellent compliment to Zaza..With this trade I feel we are a playoff team next season and we can use our lottery pick to take the BPA..

Chicago's 1st(a likely lottery pick) and Tim Thomas for Al..Thomas is there for salary only and we immediately release him but we secure a 2nd lottery pick this year..We take the best bigman and best point guard availble with our 2 picks.

Jamal Crawford , Jackie Butler, and the Spurs 1st round pick for Al from the Knicks..Crawford would actually be an excellent partner to JJ in teh backcourt and is better than is given credit for..Butler is a bruising young bigman that the Knicks can afford to part with, and we get a late 1st rounder that we can use to take the best player available.

Thoughts?

Watson is tremendously overrated. What is his career numbers 6 pts 3 assists? I'd just assume put Salim or Ivey out there and let them sink or swim. I want Franchise..period!

• Admin

Talk about overrated...Steve Francis is another Marbury. He doesn't make his own team better at the expense of his own stats. We don't need a star at pg but a player who can play d, score when needed and most importantly run the offense. The two point guards I would like are A. Miller and B. Knight. I don't think we will get BK because he gets to approve where he goes. As for Miller we may have to up the ante but it is possible I think. Maybe Add Childress and a second rounder for Miller and Nene.

I had a similar idea, same teams just with slightly different players:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/trad...8~18~1~1~1~19~1

basically we get what we need, a FC/PG combo plus a project big in Butler and the chance to use this year's pick on the position that Billy will only ever draft for: a small forward; for the trouble we take on Penny's expiring contract. Denver gets Lue and Al, and Watson can switch to the point in Denver,also probably someone's pick thrown in which doesn't show up on the trade machine (Orl??); Magic gets Zaza and Chills plus Nene's bird rights , and NY gets out from under Penny and married to the franchise along with Batman, Salim and Delk as change...

You're probably right. This deal would leave NY really thin up front, but Isiah has made head scratching moves before and I guess it depends on how true the Francis rumors are. Still tho, the salaries work so a fan can dream right? heh heh.I did a depth chart for the Hawks just for grins and figure we'd look like this:

Miller/Ivey

JJ/DSmith

Marvin/ ...??? Penny maybe?

JSmith/Edwards

Frye/Butler

I donno how well Frye would or could handle center but even if he played forward with Butler and Edwards at C we'd be big and young up front. I think my deal and Diesel's deal too have some pros and cons for each team where you could say 'yeah but...' but at the end of the day you can make good arguments for each team in the deal too... Well except maybe Denver, i accidentally kindof screwed Denver, but getting Al and a first plus loosening the logjam at guard that they have... eh maybe. I'd just be giddy if we could wrangle Frye and Dre in one swoop like that, no matter how unlikely.

Quote:

You're probably right. This deal would leave NY really thin up front, but Isiah has made head scratching moves before and I guess it depends on how true the Francis rumors are. Still tho, the salaries work so a fan can dream right? heh heh.I did a depth chart for the Hawks just for grins and figure we'd look like this:

Miller/Ivey

JJ/DSmith

Marvin/ ...??? Penny maybe?

JSmith/Edwards

Frye/Butler

You are out of your mind.

• Premium Member

Another feasible trade that I have mentioned previously is:

Al/Salim/Delk

for

Gordon/Sweetney/Piatkowski

This trade works salary-wise and I have a feeling it would be one both teams might be interested in.

For those that think trading Salim is not going to happen, I really believe that adding him would be the only way that Chicago would trade us Gordon.

And to think, after this trade we would have a JJ/Gordon backcourt. Both can handle the ball and score. Not sure how good Gordon can defend, but his scoring ability makes up for it (I think he could get 20ppg as a full-time starter). Our new lineup would be:

Gordon/JJ/Marvin/Smoove/Zaza with Lue/Ivey/Chill/Donta/Esteban off the bench.

By next season we will be able to pick up some more bigs (possibly Aldrige). Next year we would be a playoff team.

Oh well, back to reality until this actually happens.

Sure would be sweet.

The issue with Nene is a lack of leaping ability. I think this takes away from his ability as a rebounder and shot blocker. However, Nene is a good positional defender. He knows how to use his size.

Offensively, his skills are very limited. He's pretty much an open court player only on the offensive end because despite his lack of leaping ability, he is a terrific athlete when it comes to running and lateral agility.

Basically, he's a big body that can compliment Zaza and Esteban down low.

This isn't a Nene Hilario vs Esteban Batista issue. I think they can play well together. The key part of the possible trade would be the first round pick they will have to add in the deal.

....To get Frye, Butler, and Miller?!?!? Um, HELL YEAH. Look, I'm not saying we aren't gonna give up good pieces here, but we're going to have to do something with all these wing players at some point anyway. You think Billy won't grab a small forward with a high pick in this year's draft? That's like expecting Rich McKay to not draft a wideout. With my deal the only hole left is that one that Billy so loves to draft for, the backup small forward. You really think it's that drastic? To get rid of duplicated skillsets that are either playing out of position or languishing on the bench anyway? Don't get too caught up on the Dan Dickau du jour, theres a squirrelly little shooting guard in a point guard body waiting in the second round of this year's draft too, and next year, there'll be another. Personally I'd take a pipedream of having Frye and Miller on the team than the reality of smurf shooting guards playing point and small forwards at every other position any day of the week.

He doesn't scare anybody from behind the 3, but he's nothing if not consistently good across the board everywhere else. He's also an iron man. Has he EVER missed a game in his 6 years? He and JJ beside each other would be the healthiest backcourt in history and a pretty good one. I'd do a Harrington/Miller trade straight up.

Just not a NeNe fan and wouldn't give up much to get him.

W