Admin

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

I have been reading Hawks board for years amd like Braves fans I am tired of the apathy and apologism..I am going to start a revolution to change the attitude of Atlanta sportsfans. I am going to run you apathetic fans off of the internet. I am going to run apathetic fans out of the stadium. Whenever I see a cat from Alpharetta cheering for the Pistons I am going to run his azz out of the stadium too. I am going to turn Atlanta into Philly south if it kills me.
Umm.. Have you ever read much about the demographics of Atlanta? We're a city of transients, for the most part. It's perfectly logical that when people move here, seeking greener pastures than they have in NYC, Chicago, LA, etc, they keep their hometown sports allegiances.Are you going to commit some kind of mass genocide against all the migrant sports fans? You're kind of scary, dude.

Quote:

I am in Section 107 punk...come on down!
I'll destroy you both! I wrestle polar bears for fun! I smash glaciers with my forehead! RARRRRR

Quote:

Quote:

I have been reading Hawks board for years amd like Braves fans I am tired of the apathy and apologism..I am going to start a revolution to change the attitude of Atlanta sportsfans. I am going to run you apathetic fans off of the internet. I am going to run apathetic fans out of the stadium. Whenever I see a cat from Alpharetta cheering for the Pistons I am going to run his azz out of the stadium too. I am going to turn Atlanta into Philly south if it kills me.
Umm.. Have you ever read much about the demographics of Atlanta? We're a city of transients, for the most part. It's perfectly logical that when people move here, seeking greener pastures than they have in NYC, Chicago, LA, etc, they keep their hometown sports allegiances.Are you going to commit some kind of mass genocide against all the migrant sports fans? You're kind of scary, dude.
That is where you are wrong. Atlanta didn't just become a big city 10 years ago. We have been a big city for a while. It is just that our sports franchise history has been bad for so long that even native Atlantans root for other teams. Take the Pistons game for instance. Half of the fans were Detroit fans...and a lot of them were sitting in club level seats. My fiance is from Flint, so I have been to Detroit and the general area numerous times and I know damn well that most of those cats weren't from Detroit. Detroit and Atlanta are comparable in size so I know that there can't be that many transplants.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

That is where you are wrong. Atlanta didn't just become a big city 10 years ago. We have been a big city for a while. It is just that our sports franchise history has been bad for so long that even native Atlantans root for other teams. Take the Pistons game for instance. Half of the fans were Detroit fans...and a lot of them were sitting in club level seats. My fiance is from Flint, so I have been to Detroit and the general area numerous times and I know damn well that most of those cats weren't from Detroit. Detroit and Atlanta are comparable in size so I know that there can't be that many transplants.
Not sure why I'm arguing with Che Guevara here, but since we only need anecdotal evidence to support our claims: I was born in Atlanta, have lived here my whole life, and I do not know a single person in my rather large circle of friends and professional acquaintances who was actually born in Atlanta. My gf spent her formative years in Albany, GA, but that's as close as it comes. And her family is a bunch of Boston fans because that's where they are from :P

Move out of Alpharetta and you will meet plenty of Atlanta born people. My family has been in Atlanta since slavery, worked on a plantation that became Buckhead.I was raised in Decatur, nearly everyone in my highschool, neighborhood, church are Atlanta born.Atlanta born, Decatur bred and when I die I will be Lithonia Dead.

Quote:

hahahahahahaahahahahahahaahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:

the good thing about this guy is that he is acting like such a jackass that I would imagine that our regular crowd of enraged posters ready to kill BK will probably wonder if they come across like that and tone it down a little...

Quote:

Quote:

the good thing about this guy is that he is acting like such a jackass that I would imagine that our regular crowd of enraged posters ready to kill BK will probably wonder if they come across like that and tone it down a little...
I am just raising the level of disdain that's all. I will eventually pull you all to the Darkside.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I am just raising the level of disdain that's all. I will eventually pull you all to the Darkside.
this is more fun to read than the exodus-Diesel wars.

Please tell me what move you know for a fact was offered to BK, that you would have taken for Al.As I see it, there was noone obtainable worth having. Someone please tell me the trade we missed. I am starting to loose the passion for watching basketball. It seems to be saturated with overpaid mediocracy. What is going on? The East has been down for a while and now the West has been declining with players moving East. Getting back to the subject, there does't seem any one available that can help this team win any more than just sticking with what they have.

Quote:

Please tell me what move you know for a fact was offered to BK, that you would have taken for Al.As I see it, there was noone obtainable worth having. Someone please tell me the trade we missed. I am starting to loose the passion for watching basketball. It seems to be saturated with overpaid mediocracy. What is going on? The East has been down for a while and now the West has been declining with players moving East. Getting back to the subject, there does't seem any one available that can help this team win any more than just sticking with what they have.
Ask Las since he was at the super secret Skull and Bones meeting. Oh I forgot he can't reveal to us what was said. This message will self destruct in 5 seconds.

Nope, don't think so..I have been a Hawks fan for 30 something years and will continue to be a Hawks fan..As a fan, we have a right to bitch and moan as much as we like..I watched all you guys cry for years about Babcock and he actually won alot until the last 3 years of his tenure here, and now I watch you guys make excuse after excuse for BK when he has a record that would rival any for futility...I was no great babcock fan, and am am sure not a Billy Knight fan, but I am a Hawks fan, and I will continue to be.As far as the Harrington thing goes, my only complaint is that Al has less value to us today than he did yesterday. He now controls who we are able to deal with..Al is a player that has shakey knees who will probably not get a 6 year big money deal anywhere..It is a given that Chicago likes him and he likes Chicago..They can match any 5 year deal and they don't have to give us a thing in return..Al may even be the rare exception as a player who knows his replacement is already on our roster, he may take a 5 year deal even if we offer 6 in a sign and trade..He may go where he knows he is needed and be slightly less rich..I just think BK took a gamble that we may very well get nothing for Al.Finally, I am not looking for instant gratification, I am looking forward to us putting a complete team on the floor that can grow into a winner..Right now I see a team without a true starting 1, 4, and 5..We will have one high pick in a very weak draft, and most of the quality guys in this draft are swingmen..We have lost the chance to trade Al for an additional pick, and this years free agent class is also weak..I was hoping to be competive for a playoff birth next year, that is looking very unlikely..As a fan, I have the right to "question" the moves of a GM that has made several "questionable" moves in the past.