• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Buncha crybabies running around here

Admin

Quote:

Nope, don't think so..I have been a Hawks fan for 30 something years and will continue to be a Hawks fan..As a fan, we have a right to bitch and moan as much as we like..I watched all you guys cry for years about Babcock and he actually won alot until the last 3 years of his tenure here, and now I watch you guys make excuse after excuse for BK when he has a record that would rival any for futility...I was no great babcock fan, and am am sure not a Billy Knight fan, but I am a Hawks fan, and I will continue to be.As far as the Harrington thing goes, my only complaint is that Al has less value to us today than he did yesterday. He now controls who we are able to deal with..Al is a player that has shakey knees who will probably not get a 6 year big money deal anywhere..It is a given that Chicago likes him and he likes Chicago..They can match any 5 year deal and they don't have to give us a thing in return..Al may even be the rare exception as a player who knows his replacement is already on our roster, he may take a 5 year deal even if we offer 6 in a sign and trade..He may go where he knows he is needed and be slightly less rich..I just think BK took a gamble that we may very well get nothing for Al.Finally, I am not looking for instant gratification, I am looking forward to us putting a complete team on the floor that can grow into a winner..Right now I see a team without a true starting 1, 4, and 5..We will have one high pick in a very weak draft, and most of the quality guys in this draft are swingmen..We have lost the chance to trade Al for an additional pick, and this years free agent class is also weak..I was hoping to be competive for a playoff birth next year, that is looking very unlikely..As a fan, I have the right to "question" the moves of a GM that has made several "questionable" moves in the past.
Welcome to the Darkside...I shall call you Darth TMAC

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

As I see it, there was noone obtainable worth having. Someone please tell me the trade we missed. I am starting to loose the passion for watching basketball. It seems to be saturated with overpaid mediocracy. What is going on? The East has been down for a while and now the West has been declining with players moving East. Getting back to the subject, there does't seem any one available that can help this team win any more than just sticking with what they have.
that's my point. I'm not the biggest Al fan and I think that in the end he should and will be traded. But it's too easy to act like a pansy and say someone should have done something. I didn't hear of any deal on the table that we definintely should have taken. The best ones I've heard of involve Nene, and Denver doesn't want to keep him, giving us an excellent chance to sign him outright as we have what he wants - money and PT. I would rather lose Al for nothing than to take back players and contracts I don't want. At least even a nut like johnnybravo at least argues over who he wants , i.e. Francis. This guy doesn't even have anything in mind, he just wanted to do anything. That is so dumb. Really, he just wants attention. I'll be glad to shine a light on his ignorance

Quote:

Move out of Alpharetta and you will meet plenty of Atlanta born people. My family has been in Atlanta since slavery, worked on a plantation that became Buckhead.I was raised in Decatur, nearly everyone in my highschool, neighborhood, church are Atlanta born.Atlanta born, Decatur bred and when I die I will be Lithonia Dead.
Alpharetta? I live in Atlanta.. I can see the exterior tv screen on the Phil from my roof. You live in Dectaur? So does my lesbian mom!

Quote:

Quote:

Move out of Alpharetta and you will meet plenty of Atlanta born people. My family has been in Atlanta since slavery, worked on a plantation that became Buckhead.I was raised in Decatur, nearly everyone in my highschool, neighborhood, church are Atlanta born.Atlanta born, Decatur bred and when I die I will be Lithonia Dead.
Alpharetta? I live in Atlanta.. I can see the exterior tv screen on the Phil from my roof. You live in Dectaur? So does my lesbian mom!
Actually I live off of Marietta Street in the William Oliver building.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Move out of Alpharetta and you will meet plenty of Atlanta born people.

My family has been in Atlanta since slavery, worked on a plantation that became Buckhead.

I was raised in Decatur, nearly everyone in my highschool, neighborhood, church are Atlanta born.

Atlanta born, Decatur bred and when I die I will be Lithonia Dead.

Hmm, are those for sale now, or still rent only? I looked when they were rentals, and didn't really dig the 'we ripped the drop ceilings out to make fake lofts' look.

I'm right up the street in the Giant, btw. Philips is about at the midway point between our residences.. I think you might have about 50' on me. I guess you're more of a fan than I am Posted Image

Quote:

As far as the Harrington thing goes, my only complaint is that Al has less value to us today than he did yesterday. He now controls who we are able to deal with..Al is a player that has shakey knees who will probably not get a 6 year big money deal anywhere..It is a given that Chicago likes him and he likes Chicago..They can match any 5 year deal and they don't have to give us a thing in return..Al may even be the rare exception as a player who knows his replacement is already on our roster, he may take a 5 year deal even if we offer 6 in a sign and trade..He may go where he knows he is needed and be slightly less rich..I just think BK took a gamble that we may very well get nothing for Al.
just a few points-I don't think Al has less value. Al has more power, but I don't think we have less. Yes Al can choose a team, but unless he goes to chicago, we have as much power as before. He's not taking a significant pay cut, it just ain't happening. So unless he goes to chicago, the team still HAS TO agree to a trade with us. Also, teams will give more to get a young veteran signed for 6 years at a price they like, than they will for a 3 month rental of a UFA. So at worse, I see it as a wash. There is a risk of losing him for nothing, but otherwise we will get more I think. -Also for Chicago, I don't think that it's a given that he likes Chicago. It is a given that they like him. I think that for the same cash, he would stay here, and really likes it here. I think that if he is about to sign with Chicago and told us so, we would match that same offer and he'd stay here. The only way I see that going wrong is if Chicago overpays by alot (max), or if al feels insulted by our initial offer like JJ did last year. I don't see that happening as we all have seen that BK and Al have a great relationship-I really, really, really don't think Al will take a paycut. If you listen to everything Al and his agent have said over the season, it's pretty clear: "I love atlanta but I'm going wherever the money is". I think the only "special" places for Al are atlanta and NY. And NY can only have him via a trade. We're definitely taking a calculated risk, but I think that one thing that BK has definitely earned my respect on is patience and risk taking. His patience got us Stephen Jackson which got us Al. His patience and risk assessment got us Zaza also without giving anything up. He did not think that risking having Phoenix match would work, and did what it took to get JJ.He certainly hasn't proved himself as a successful GM, but I think he's proven that he has a very good feeling for when patience will work, and what risks will or will not pay off. He has talked at length with Al I'm sure, so I'll trust his decision on this one

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

My family has been in Atlanta since slavery, worked on a plantation that became Buckhead.

I was raised in Decatur, nearly everyone in my highschool, neighborhood, church are Atlanta born.

Hmm, are those for sale now, or still rent only? I looked when they were rentals, and didn't really dig the 'we ripped the drop ceilings out to make fake lofts' look.

I'm right up the street in the Giant, btw. Philips is about at the midway point between our residences.. I think you might have about 50' on me. I guess you're more of a fan than I am Posted Image

Oh I guess you live over there in "Midtown West". I hope you can sleep with that damn train going by every nite. You are close to my favorite strip club however "Dancers Elite".

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Oh I guess you live over there in "Midtown West". I hope you can sleep with that damn train going by every nite. You are close to my favorite strip club however "Dancers Elite".

Midtown West is a bit further up than I am, but yeah. The train is actually pretty nice. Since you hear it from so far away, it slowly crescendos as opposed to the sudden traffic sounds from trucks and what not. I've never had a problem sleeping through it.

Haven't been to Dancers Elite. I'm more of a 'home entertainment' sort of guy, or the Cheetah if circumstances require it.

Quote:

Quote:

Man you have some screws loose Posted Image

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Man you have some screws loose Posted Image

That is true, but I don't see how it's relevant to my post. My mom is a lesbian, and she lives in D!ckhater, er Decatur. My point is that it's hardly Atlanta proper Posted Image

In other words, I would rather we let Al walk than take on a marginal player(s) with a bad contract(s). I think BK tried to make a deal that made sense for us but all he got offered in return for Al were things that either didn't make us better or possibly compromised our future.I would MUCH rather try to trade Al in the offseason than settle for the likes of Mike Sweetney/Eric Piatkowski from CHI or the likes of Scott Pollard from IND. As for NY, if they weren't offering Channing Frye, what do they possibly have that we should want (I still like Curry but not at that price)?