• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Will Bynum

hawkman

• Premium Member

With Salim's suspension, Lue's injury, and Delk being waved, it may not be so bad of an idea to bring this guy up from the D-league. He is currently leading the league in points (24) and assists (6). He is also leading the league in turnovers but that is something that can be fixed in a more structured environment. I watched almost every single game he played in with GA Tech and this guy should be on an NBA roster somewhere. I would compare his game to that of Nate Robinson's , athleticism and all. He was probably the best overall athlete in the draft and has a lot of heart for a smaller guard. He bought into Hewitt's system so I believe that makes him a pretty coachable guy. I'm not saying that he'll be a savior or anything but it wouldn't hurt to bring him in with a ten day contract to see what he brings to the table. He played great alongside Jarret Jack and it would be interesting to see him paired with Joe Johnson.

• Premium Member

Quote:

We need a little more depth on the bench cuz last night JJ and Marvin almost fouled out. We should be auditioning some of these D-league players and recall Donta, how about a JJ/Donta backcourt. As for Bynum, I think he is just as good as Nate because he actually has some point guard skills.

I know. It's bad when JJ has five fouls and all you have is Ivey,Batista, and Edwards available on the bench. We should have some roster spots available now so why not bring in both Donta and Will?

Funny that mention Bynum along with Nate R. Being a huge GT fan, I had the opportunity to see Bynum go up for dunks that were every bit as exciting as Nate R. If you get a chance, try and find Bynum's dunk (or dunk attempt???) against Kansas from New Year's Day. I think the game was just last year.

Quote:

How about Grundy?

He went to training camp with the Hawks and was one of the last cuts that was made. He is also currently lighting up the D-League. He brings more size to the table than Will Bynum does. Grundy is 6'3".

Yep but Grundy dosen't seem like he is strong enough to play in Nba.

I really like Donta i think he si capable of playing the point for us, he is not selfish and is a team player

give him a chance!!

Billy bring DONTA back PLEASE!!!

Quote:

donta at the point? yikes! I'd rather have JJ at the point than donta. Donta is a 2/3

Marvin was playing point yesterday on about 2or3 possesions and Chill is playing it consistently the last few games. I mean if they can play and they are taller than Donta y can't Donta he has good handles and can pass. He dosen't have to be our future PG but for the rest of the season let him play about 15mpg at point because he can't play his primarly position at 2/3 due to JJ,Chill and our SF's.

yeah he definitely deserves a shot in the L. the celts couldn't keep him to start the season cuz they had too many pg's already. I don't know why he hasn't at least gotten a 10 day by now. he's not tall but he's strong, fast and can jump- he's explosive and can make (clutch) plays. i know i'm biased being a GTech fan but his nbdl numbers are nice.

• Premium Member

Quote:

The Hawks can't recall swingman Donta Smith from the NBA Developmental League because he is out with a knee injury.

http://www.ajc.com/monday/content/epaper/e...2c51a1003b.html

Well that makes the decision even easier. The Hawks brought Will in before the draft for a workout so obviously there was some interest there. With our guard situation now, this is a great opportunity to bring someone in for cheap who might actually have an impact. I think he brings the same level of defensive intensity as Ivey but with a much more explosive offensive game. I'll admit that I am a little biased being a GT fan but this kid's talent and heart are undeniable.