• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

teams the Hawks will pass in the next month.

gsuteke

Quote:

Orlando, Toronto, Portland, Seattle. this will seriously change the draft dynamic for the Hawks.

But still if we are lucky like Milwakee last year we can get high pick

It's all about luck now

We only won 13 games last year and got #2 pick which is good because i dont like Bogut and we would of taken him

Quote:

Hawks aren't going to pass Toronto... They've played well lately and I think that will continue.

I agree. I could see us passing any or all of those other teams, but toronto has had a season like ours but even more exaggerated. They have been playing .500 ball for a while. I see no reason to assume that we'll pass them. I think we'll finish with the 5th or 6th worst record in the league

I'm a little confused reading some of these threads. I can't figure out what types of fans our beloved Hawks have. Often we're complaining about not winning and our players needing to grow up and be more consistent. Then at other times, I'm reading threads were the very same people are complaining that we ARE winning and we're going to drop in the draft and get a bad pick! What gives? It makes no sense....

Quote:

...we're complaining about not winning and our players needing to grow up and be more consistent. Then at other times, I'm reading threads were the very same people are complaining that we ARE winning and we're going to drop in the draft and get a bad pick! What gives? It makes no sense....

We want to win the championship AND get the #1 pick in the draft...jeez...how hard is that to understand grin.gif

• Premium Member

Quote:

Then at other times, I'm reading threads were the very same people are complaining that we ARE winning and we're going to drop in the draft and get a bad pick!

I call that the Welfare Mentality. There are some fans who want us to do badly so that we can get a high lottery pick. That's a pity and a shame. It's welfare thinking. What we should hope for is that we start to put together some wins, play cohesively, and even be in a position to challenge for a playoff spot. Too many of the People on Squawk are transient fans just like Most of Atlanta. Many of them are fans of other teams or fans of specific players like Luefan#10 who calls himself exodus. However, when you are a fan of the Hawks, you want to see your team do well and give the best effort and grow.

I can understand the "welfare mentality". I just think if you're a fan, you want your team to become better, and ultimately win everytime they are on the court. Besides, why would hawks fans want another high draft pick? We're already grooming extremely young guys, why add another? The way the draft is going to be anyhow this year, picks 2-6 will not be much different than 7-10....let's win and be happy about it! lord knows we're all sick of losing....

Quote:

The way the draft is going to be anyhow this year, picks 2-6 will not be much different than 7-10

I know. That is why you haven't seen me talking about Morrison. I have been saying that Shelden may be a good pick for the Hawks, because I don't think they will get a top 3 pick.

I think at the very least the Hawks will finish ahead of Charlotte, NY, and Portland.

Diesel just likes to make stuff up. You'll learn that if you stay awhile. His grip on reality is tenuous at best.

Quote:

... Besides, why would hawks fans want another high draft pick? We're already grooming extremely young guys, why add another?...

Well other than the fact that we may get lucky and get somebody special I agree with you. Veteran teams seem to be the leaders in the league usually and as the youngest (?) team in the league, we certainly need to hope the young guys can do their jobs and add veterans where possible.

I would certainly hope we draft a solid player with some years of experience since there doesn't seem to be another CP out there as a freshman.

• Premium Member

There is nothing absolutely nothing that I have said that is made up.

YOU Luefan#10 were the one who proclaimed after week 3 of NBA play that there was no way for the Hawks to make the playoffs. YOU Luefan#10 were the one who said that you were not a Hawks fan.

So why should anyone give any kind of credit for a guy that only reason for being here is to support Tyron Lue and to argue against the success of the Hawks??

Quote:

YOU Luefan#10 were the one who proclaimed after week 3 of NBA play that there was no way for the Hawks to make the playoffs.

And I still think they have no chance of the playoffs.

And I was in the chatroom last night cheering them on with many of the people here. Where were you?

You live in the Twilight Zone, thinking the Hawks can win 10 straight.