• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks sign James Lang

Southern_Bred

• Premium Member

I think Bk is looking at this guy as just as he is... a Prospect.

We bring him in not expecting much, let him work out with our team, maybe even get some minutes. If he shows up, let him play and get another 10 day, if not.. so long.

I also think BK is looking at what could be with a rebounder...

It screams to me that we may be considering offering Nazr a deal.

Interesting link from draftnet when he was drafted.

James Lang

Birthdate:

NBA Position: Center

College:

Class: HS Senior

Ht: 6-11

Wt: 305

Hometown: Birmingham, AL

High School: Central Park Christian

2002 Stats

Strengths: Has size and explosiveness. Lang is a wide-bodied post player who tips the scales at around 305 lbs. Will be able to bang in the league right away. Body could use some toning and trimming but it doesn't stop him from hurting those in his way. Plays with a tenacity that coaches beg for in their bigmen. Will be a force in the league in a few years. Surprisingly athletic and mobile for his size. Has no problem running the floor, as his stamina has greatly improved. Has great hands and utilizes his size effectively in the post. Has shown the ability to consistently score down low. Attacks the rim with a mean-streak that few players have. An excellent rebounder especially on the offensive end.

Weaknesses: At 305 lbs. Lang could still stand to lose some weight. Jump shot is nonexistent past 12 feet. Shooting touch must improve. Needs to play more consistently to be a major factor at the next level. His defense needs to be a little better as he will get in foul trouble because he plays too hard at times. Footwork can improve the most and take him to another level. College would benefit his long term potential, however, it's uncertain if he will decide to go that route.

Notes: One year ago Lang weighed around 350 lbs. With a strict diet and a lot of training, he showed his desire to improve by dropping down to 280 this summer before gaining some of it back. Was the third leading shot-blocker during the 2002 ABCD All-American camp.

HOW MANY GUYS GET CRITICIZED FOR PLAYING TOO HARD?

With some luck the kid may come around.

Quote:

We really need to make a serious play for Cato in the offseason. I think he is more essential than Nene believe it or not.

Kelvin Cato? Why in the world? I think he's a bad fit here.

Cato is a 32 year old, injury prone career 5/5/1 guy. What has he EVER done to make you think he is going to help us? Adonal Foyle sucks and he's better than Cato.

As for Nene, he is 23 year old coming off a major injury but he is a career 11/6 guy. He's not a shotblocker but he is a solid post defender and he moves well. He's just not much of a leaper.

Quote:

Cato is a 32 year old, injury prone career 5/5/1 guy. What has he EVER done to make you think he is going to help us? Adonal Foyle sucks and he's better than Cato.

As for Nene, he is 23 year old coming off a major injury but he is a career 11/6 guy. He's not a shotblocker but he is a solid post defender and he moves well. He's just not much of a leaper.

IF he wasn't much of a leaper before the injury, how will he be after the injury?