• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Man what a great game tonight

Admin

We have done a complete 180 since that opening night blowout. JJ and JRich with an incredible shootout and the difference was big clutch plays from Al, Salim, Marvin, and Smoove. Game isnt completely over yet, but I am going to say great win anyway!!

Warriors are a high scoring team. To hold them to 106 is a victory for the Hawks. Hawks allowed them 122 I believe earlier in the season. Look at the positive here. Hawks came back after a crushing defeat against the Heat and won. Great sign of growing and maturing from the Hawks there.

Quote:

Warriors are a high scoring team. To hold them to 106 is a victory for the Hawks. Hawks allowed them 122 I believe earlier in the season. Look at the positive here. Hawks came back after a crushing defeat against the Heat and won. Great sign of growing and maturing from the Hawks there.

especially starting the 4th a point down.

Marvin had 14/10 so that definitely qualifies as good. I like the way he is looking to drive more often when he catches it on the perimeter instead of settling for jumpers. He got to the line 10 times tonight.

Smith with another nice game too, 12/9 with 4 blocks and 3 assists. At times he seemed a little too unselfish.

It was also nice to see Zaza with a good game. He seems to be playing more in control lately, not going one on one as often. Now he is letting other guys set him up for good looks rather than forcing it, cutting down his turnovers and shooting better. When he made a key block in the second half I almost feinted.

yup it was awesome. The game was in limbo and we just reached out and snatched it.

Awesome to see JJ get his team USA jersey before the game too, although it's weird that it's #6. I won an autographed JJ hawks shooting shirt too so that was real cool. He was on FIRE to start the game.

Solid performance by Marvin and Smoove too.

It was funny to see Donta come in the game, you could tell that he was so much more confident then before. Then he misses a layup, hoists up an ill-advised 3, and gets yanked. lol

Anyhow, this begs the question, what does one do with an autographed shooting shirt? I don't think I could wear it out as it's autographed and that would look weird, but it's not exactly a prestigious piece of memorabilia that one can frame. So what's a man to do ? And why do I feel like drzachary will have the answer for me?

WE FINALLY HIT 20!!

Yeah, this was another positive win for us- especially with GS off and running and going up by 12 points on us a few times in the 1st quarter. That could have turned into a game where we got blown out of our own building, but it didn't. Guys kept playing hard, kept working at it, didn't give up, and eventually got the win.

You have to like that. I think it's a very positive result. And hey, if you can't stop them- then just outscore them. cool.gif

• Premium Member

Not even comparing this team to opening night... But just looking at how we have become so confident. When we were down early, we didn't panic. When the fourth quarter rolled around and we were virtually tied. We didn't panic. We just played the same way and then with about 8 minutes left, we started to turn up the defense. That's growth...

I think now we have an idea about who we should be able to beat and we're competitive with everybody else.

Pachulia blocked shots at a higher rate before coming to the Hawks. He should block more shots than he has this year.

I think the reason is, since he is our only true Bigman, Woodson has told him to show more and not go after the shot to avoid serious foul trouble. I think when we get more depth you will see him block more shots.