• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Chad Ford's Top 30

KB21

http://insider.espn.go.com/nbadraft/draft/...?draftyear=2006

It looks like he has updated his list. Here is a look at the top 30 on the list:

1. LaMarcus Aldridge, PF, 6'10", 240 lbs, Texas

2. Rudy Gay, SF, 6'9", 222 lbs, Connecticut

3. Adam Morrison, SF, 6'8", 205 lbs, Gonzaga

4. Tyrus Thomas, PF, 6'9", 229 lbs, LSU

5. Andrea Bargnani, PF, 7'0", 225 lbs, Italy

6. Rodney Carney, SF, 6'7", 205 lbs, Memphis

7. Ronnie Brewer, SG, 6'7", 220 lbs, Arkansas

8. Shelden Williams, PF, 6'9", 250 lbs, Duke

9. Tiago Splitter, PF, 7'0", 240 lbs, Brazil

10. Joakim Noah, C, 6'11", 230 lbs, Florida

11. Randy Foye, SG, 6'4", 205 lbs, Villanova

12. J.J. Redick, SG, 6'4", 190 lbs, Duke

13. Rajon Rondo, PG, 6'2", 171 lbs, Kentucky

14. Julian Wright, PF, 6'9", 220 lbs, Kansas

15. Josh McRoberts, PF, 6'10", 230 lbs, Duke

16. Mardy Collins, PG, 6'6", 205 lbs, Temple

17. Al Horford, PF, 6'9", 235 lbs, Florida

18. Shawne Williams, SF, 6'9", 225 lbs, Memphis

19. Paul Davis, C, 6'11", 240 lbs, Michigan State

20. Brandon Roy, SG, 6'5", 195 lbs, Washington

21. Nick Fazekas, PF, 6'11", 225 lbs, Nevada

22. Tyler Hansbrough, PF, 6'9", 225 lbs, North Carolina

23. Hilton Armstrong, C, 6'11", 235 lbs, Connecticut

24. Maurice Ager, SG, 6'5", 180 lbs, Michigan State

25. Marcus Williams, PG, 6'3", 205 lbs, Connecticut

26. Corey Brewer, SG, 6'8", 185 lbs, Florida

27. Brandon Rush, SG, 6'7", 205 lbs, Kansas

28. Josh Boone, C, 6'10", 237 lbs, Connecticut

29. Kyle Lowry, PG, 6'0", 185 lbs, Villanova

30. Curtis Stinson, PG, 6'3", 205 lbs, Iowa State

at this point in time my wishlist would be

LaMarcus Aldridge, PF, 6'10", 240 lbs, Texas

Tiago Splitter, PF, 7'0", 240 lbs, Brazil

Andrea Bargnani, PF, 7'0", 225 lbs, Italy

Joakim Noah, C, 6'11", 230 lbs, Florida

Shelden Williams, PF, 6'9", 250 lbs, Duke

Tyrus Thomas, PF, 6'9", 229 lbs, LSU

That's assuming that splitter has no real buyout issues and commits to coming over. Also assuming that bargnani looks as good as they say he does as his game isn't a perfect fit.

I just don't see the great fit in Thomas, and I haven't seen the talent to make him worth picking up as a bad fit. I could be wrong, but I just haven't seen it yet. I haven't seen him much

Noaw and Williams look roughly as good to me, I prefer the taller guy to play next to Smoove

My wishlist goes like this.

1. LaMarcus Aldridge, PF, 6'10", 240 lbs, Texas

2. Tiago Splitter, PF, 7'0", 240 lbs, Brazil

3. Rajon Rondo, PG, 6'2", 171 lbs, Kentucky

4. Marcus Williams, PG, 6'3", 205 lbs, Connecticut

5. Shelden Williams, PF, 6'9", 250 lbs, Duke

I would rather have a vet playing next to JJ so I would look for a solid big man first, but I also believe that Josh can play the 4 spot.

Half of our point in the paint problem is the quicker point guard driving to the lane with no shot blocker back there to intimidate him. Switching Josh to the 4 and drafting point who can defend the quick guard would be another way of solving that problem.

I put Rajon and Marcus in front of Shelden only because I think they will be more effective at their positions than Shelden will be a for us seeing as how he would be undersized a center and I believe Josh is the future at the 4 spot.

I put Splitter at 2 because of his talent but am definately afraid of his contract situation.

I like your first three - in that order. Noah - I haven't seen yet. The reports are good but he looks awful scrawny in his pictures. How would he do against Shaq or Duncan? (but how does anyone do?) But after those four, I'd go for a guard before another 6'9" guy. Except the top PG listed is Rondo? Really? I think I'd try Brandon Roy at PG first. or Mardy Collins. Has Rondo impressed you guys? Who do you think is the top PG?

Quote:

It's interesting, because sans Aldridge, the players that the Hawks could use are either mid-lotto or late-lotto...

Or not even lotto, like Mardy Collins....

Depending on where we end up obviously, this might be a good draft to try and trade down in IMO.

I like Rondo. His dribbling skills and defense are top notch. I know his shooting is suspect, but I'm not so sure we need that at this point anyway. Every other facet of his game is incredibly strong. (even rebounding) It seems that JJ sets the table for us pretty well in the half court. He penetrates and either passes out or goes to that teardrop which is incredibly effective. Rondo will be able to pressure the ball and trigger the fast break which I believe this team would be excellent at. He would also be able to bring the ball up the floor and break the press if need be.

Quote:

at this point in time my wishlist would be

LaMarcus Aldridge, PF, 6'10", 240 lbs, Texas

Tiago Splitter, PF, 7'0", 240 lbs, Brazil

Andrea Bargnani, PF, 7'0", 225 lbs, Italy

Joakim Noah, C, 6'11", 230 lbs, Florida

Shelden Williams, PF, 6'9", 250 lbs, Duke

Tyrus Thomas, PF, 6'9", 229 lbs, LSU

That's assuming that splitter has no real buyout issues and commits to coming over. Also assuming that bargnani looks as good as they say he does as his game isn't a perfect fit.

I just don't see the great fit in Thomas, and I haven't seen the talent to make him worth picking up as a bad fit. I could be wrong, but I just haven't seen it yet. I haven't seen him much

Noaw and Williams look roughly as good to me, I prefer the taller guy to play next to Smoove

Regardless they are all light in the azz. Nobody over 250lbs. Half of them are SF light

Quote:

neither are ben wallace, dalembert, chandler, camby, frye, brezec, mohammed... and I would take any of those

Since when do you need to way 260 to play in the post?

Wallace is an anomaly, We threw away Nazi remember, Brezec..yeah right. Camby..took him 10 years to finally get right, Chandler..Garbage..he is about to be put in my stiff category. Dalembert..he is coming into his own

I am sick and tired of these 230 225 lb "bigs" and remember most of these collegiate sizes are inflated...along with their height. I especially hate the Euro bigs, 7'0 225 lb jumpshooters. That is why Dallas will never win a championship. These kids need to get into somebody's weight room and eat some Mega Mass. If I am Greg Oden's "advisor" I'd tell him to work out with the football team in the off season. He is listed at 240 he needs to come out around 260-265 or so.