• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Offseason Trade Ideas

GoHawks2006

Hawks Trade to T'wolves:

Al Harrington (S & T at 5yr 10 - 8,9,10,11,12)

David Anderson

1st Round Pick

Twolves Trade to Hawks:

Kevin Garnett (has 3 yrs left at 46mil)

Why? Twolves need to move on. They get a legit scorer and great teammate with Al, who brings similar skills as KG, but just not as great. Plus, receive top draft pick as well as incredible cap space - this year clears 8 mil after top pick signed. This trade is better than what Knicks (Franchise, late 1st pick) or Nets (Jefferson and late 1st) could offer.

Hawks get legit superstar, who improves team - imagine a 1-3-1 zone (like Twolves played when they went to West conference title) with KG at top with JS underneath protecting basket. A lineup with JJ, MW, JS, KG, ZP on defense in a zone would be large, athletic, great rebounding, tought to get ball inside. Further, Hawks need someone to put fans in the seat. Lastly, we don't need any more young guys - we need experience, so okay trading high pick. With top 2nd round pick, consider Yoham Halperin from Israel as PG - he is a fantastic outside shooter with good height, terrific handles, and is unselfish and 22.

Thoughts?

I dont think the Wolves will get anything better than that offer.

They get 2 young guys and a draft pick and start rebuliding real quick, if i was Mchale i would consider it.

What did Raptors get in Carter trade?

What did Magic get in Tmac trade?

What did Lakers get in Shaq trade? (it was basicly Odom for Shaq)

So t'Wolves can have:

Pg- Jaric/Banks

Sg- Davis/McCants

SF- Harrington/hassel

Pf- Aldridge/Griffin

C- Blount/Anderson

I bet they would win more games than now with Kg

and HAwks

Pg: Marcus Williams(trade somehow)

Sg: Johnson

Sf: Marvin

Pf: Smith

C: Garnett

WOOOOWWW

I'd wager that we'd be talking about at least Al, Josh OR Marvin, and our pick for Garnett. Which I would do in a second...

JJ/Chill/Marvin or Josh/Garnett/Zaza.

Still would need to find a PG and C in FA, but it's KG, for crying out loud. JJ would be the best sidekick he's ever had, so there's a chance for that team to go far.

i understand KG is a top 3 NBA player. that being said i'll make the same argument here on KG i was making with Jets fans on the Abraham deal.

you proposing giving up two top 5 draft choices to sign someone who would squeeze the Hawks' cap for the next 3 years. they wouldn't be able to sign anyone else.

if the offer is this year's draft choice and Al in a sign and trade then absolutely you make that deal.

you have to keep that extra piece though in Marvin or Josh if you want the team to be successful long term.

Quote:

Quote:

i understand KG is a top 3 NBA player.

grin.gif Top 3 players compete for championship on a yearly basis! Garnett is not even close to being a top 3 player! He's a stat stuffer!

What about Kobe? Top 3 players off the top of my head and in no particular order:

Kobe - come on, who can guard him 2 on 1?

Flash - see above

Nash - does anyone impact a team more?

Honorable mention - Duncan, KG, Shaq

i thought i'd be taking heat right now from the let's go get KG people on that post. i see it's the opposite.

whether KG is a top 3 or top 10 NBA player is not important. the important thing is he fits the Hawks' biggest need right now.

still as i said it would put a stranglehold on the franchise if you trade for him salary cap wise.

• Premium Member

Quote:

the important thing is he fits the Hawks' biggest need right now.

What need does he fulfill? I'm confused! If you are assuming that he is a rugged post offensive player or post defender you obviously don't watch Minnesota very much. He's a fade away jump shoter. He doen't see the court that well. Therefore doesn't set up his own men for easy scores like a Duncan or Shaq does. He is a stat stuffer and what I mean by that is that he takes scoring & rebounding opportunities away from his teammates to get his stats. That is why my friend he doesn't win consistently and isn't worth the money that he is getting paid. Would he be an asset to Hawks playing a lessor role? Yes! But as the superstar, he has failed miserably. So no to Garnett because he is being paid to be a dominant superstar and but is not a dominant superstar.

Quote:

Quote:

he's a 7 footer.

That's it?? That's all you have to say? Aren't you gong to talk about his skills and how they complement what the Hawks already have? confused.gif

2004-05:

Wrapped up a decade in Minnesota by starting all 82 games for the third consecutive season; he's now appeared in 275 straight games, the league's third-longest current ironman streak... Named All-NBA Second Team and All-NBA Defensive First Team... Tallied 22.2 ppg, a league-best 13.5 rpg and 5.7 apg (tops among NBA frontcourt players), his sixth straight 20/10/5 effort (only player in NBA history to accomplish feat, Larry Bird, five times)... Finished among the league's top 30 in seven of the nine major categories, including 20th in FG accuracy (a career-best 50.2%)... Paced the Wolves across the board (pts/reb/ast) 30 times; he collected a league-leading 69 double-doubles, and was one of only three players (Marion, B. Wallace) with both 100+ blocks and 100+ steals this year... Scored 30+ points 10 times (bringing his career total to 68); his double-figure scoring streak stands at 246 games (and 615 of the last 618), the longest active string in the NBA... Netted 21 points, 15 rebounds and a season-high 11 assists April 13 vs. Golden State, his lone triple-double of the season (15th career regular season)... His 15-for-15 effort from the line April 9 at Atlanta was one short of the club-record (16-for-16) shared by Micheal Williams and Tony Campbell... Named Western Conference Player of the Month for March, the ninth honor of his career... Contributed 10 points in the 2005 NBA All-Star Game on Feb. 20 in Denver, his eighth straight All-Star appearance... Scored his 15,000th career point Feb. 13 vs. Chicago, becoming the 12th player in NBA history to amass at least 15,000 points, 8,000 rebounds and 3,000 assists... Saw his franchise-record-tying run of 19 consecutive double-doubles stopped Jan. 19 at the Lakers... Tied his career high (and club record) with 25 rebounds Jan. 12 vs. Orlando; his 23 defensive boards equal the most by an NBA player (regulation game) since Charles Barkley had 25 on Nov. 2, 1996 for Houston vs. Phoenix... Registered his 26th career 20-point/20-rebound effort Jan. 5 at Charlotte (23 points, 20 rebounds); he added 25 points and 21 rebounds Nov. 16 vs. Miami, and had 28 points and 20 boards Nov. 3 vs. New York... Poured in a career-high and franchise-record 47 points Jan. 4 vs. Phoenix, his third career 40-point performance; Tony Campbell and Wally Szczerbiak held the previous mark (44)... Snagged a career-high 11 offensive rebounds Dec. 3 at Phoenix, tying Felton Spencer's franchise single-game mark (vs. L.A. Clippers, Dec. 11, 1990)... Shot 48.7% (152-for-312) from the field and 85.2% (150-for-176) from the line in the fourth quarter this season.

KG is a stat stuffer? JJ isn't? PUUUHLEEAAZZZ!!!!

he's a big time rebounder and post presence. I'll trust the voters who put him all first team NBA over a pudwhacker on a Hawks' message board that says he doesn't defend and takes a bunch of jumpers.

you trade Kevin Garnett for Al Harrington this season which was in essence the original post's proposal and the Hawks would be a playoff team, THIS season!

is that good enough for you Peoria?

• Premium Member

Quote:

No! Then please explain why this man has only won 2 play-off games in 10 years. And is going to the lottery for the second straight year this year! Please don't give me that lame excuse and blame his teammates because a lot of them have moved on and help their new team win more games.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

No! Then please explain why this man has only won 2 play-off games in 10 years. And is going to the lottery for the second straight year this year! Please don't give me that lame excuse and blame his teammates because a lot of them have moved on and help their new team win more games.

Sorry, I meant playoff series