• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Is Grundy better than Ivey??

Wurider05

I think that just off of the simple fact that he can hit the open J Grundy should be starting until Lue gets back. Hell he can't possibly do any worse thta Ivey. Ivey must got some incriminating photos of Woody hugged up with another woman or something!!!

Everyone stop underating Royal, he has played well consistantly this year. That is something we cannot say about alot of Hawks players this year except JJ and ZaZa. He is a huslte player with an excellent basketball IQ. HE IS apart of this teams future.

But I do like Grundy though, he is very quick for a 6-3 pg. I think T Lue may have to watch his back if Ant keeps playing well. Although, It's probobly doubtful Tyronn looses his job just because of his excellent leadership.

I'm glad you posted this because I was thinking about starting the same thread yesterday but never go around to it.

The answer to your question is HELL YES! I believe Ivey couldn't average over 20 points on the AND-1 tour and he definitely couldn't do it in the NDBL like Grundy did all year. Check their collegiate stats and there's also no comparison IMO.

Looks to me like Grundy should have made this team out of training camp, especially considering the fact that after the death of Collier we've been a man short ever since.

I say let Grundy play a lot more over these last 12 games so that we all can see if he deserves to be considered a candidate to make next year's team. I'm pretty sure he will be a lot more productive than Ivey has been or will be this year.

Oh yeah, for all of you Ivey lovers who talk up his "defensive abilities" did you happen to see the Charlotte game? He provided absolutely no resistance at the point of attack to either Felton or Knight when they were repeatedly going inside for layups and assists, so if Ivey isn't playing great defense why is he even on the court? I guess it is to get into foul trouble which is what he does on a nightly basis.

My PG's for next year:

Starter: Speedy Claxton (FA) or Marcus Williams (Draft)

Bench: Lue and Grundy

• Premium Member

I have to see more of Grundy.

I like the fact that he drives and dishes. I like the fact that he can hit an open Jumper. I like the fact that he tries to play defense. I like his speed.

I dislike his size.

• Moderators

6'3'' isn't bad for a PG if you are talking about height. I will be very interested to see how he does the rest of the season. I hope they give him enough minutes to figure out what he has to offer. We know that for Ivey; might as well check out Grundy, IMO.

From what little we have seen of our "new" P.G. he

does have several things we have been looking for,

and I agree with what you said.

About his size, A.I. over on the 76ers team isn't too

much different in size and I guess we have to admit he

hasn't done too bad.

Not saying Grundy is another A.I. Like James and M.J.

there's only one, but sizewise, they do compare.

I just want to see more of Grundy and find out what

we have.

wink.gif