• Raised $390 of $700 target

Would this be a great offseason?

y2kenta

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

Soon you will be trying to put your whole post into the title line because nobody really cares to read what you have to say... I have found that life is much better without you...

Keep picking up the turds that I leave behind and when you finish...

Go and work that corner trick!

If LeBron, Carmelo and Chris Paul were in the upcoming draft, would you pass on LeBron and Carmelo to take Paul? I would. REGARDLESS of how good Smoove looks right now.

The question is whether or not Marvin will be sufficiently better than Paul (or in your case Deron Williams because that is who you would have taken) to justify taking him at #2. Time will tell.

Well, there may not be better prospects, but I think there are equal prospects at positions of need..Remember, Marvin was only a complimentary player last year at North Carolina and as a pro is still all potential..Noah just LED his team to the national title with several dominating performances..I think his potential is every bit as great as Marvins at a position of need..Tyrus Thomas also helped lead his team to the final four with dominating defensive performances, he looks like a natural NBA 4..He is being compared to Amarie Stoudamire..

Marvin does have great potential, but at this point he is the 4th best small forward on our team..Even with Al leaving, he is 3rd behind Smoove and Chillz..Compound that with the fact that Smoove is the same age and is turning into a star with a rare combination of offensive and defensive skills..

Its not a knock on Marvin, I just think Noah and Thomas are the two best DEFENSIVE big men that have come out in years..Combine those 2 with Smoove(they are all the same age), and the opposing teams will have a hard time getting a clean shot anywhere near the basket.

How about Al and Marvin to Seattle for Ridnour and Swift. It would fill our two big needs and open up the roster to take who ever we want in the draft.

Swift is a young 7'er who pulls down 6 rpg in 20 mpg and leads the Sonics in blocks (not that it means much). Ridnour is averaging 7 apg. (I have to admit I haven't seen either play - but they look good on paper grin.gif)

I like Marvin, but he's not getting the playing time he needs to break out yet. Seattle is his hometown so they'd probably give a lot for him. It would help fill the seats out there.

not Marvin. Ridnour is a decent OFFENSIVE PG but his D is horrendous. He rarely even plays in the 4th quarter anymore and he is complaining about Earl Watson getting his minutes. If Watson is better at crunchtime, do we want him?

As for Swift, he has potential but he has not proven anything. I actually liked him coming out of the draft. That said, he certainly hasn't proven enough to warrant trading Marvin for him. Honestly, I don't know that he has proven enough to trade Al ALONE for him/Ridnour. The only way I would do it is if that was the best offer we got for Al and I doubt that will be the case.