• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Reserve Mohammed, Sign McCaskill

jaywalker72

The Atlanta Hawks have signed free agent center Amal McCaskill to a contract, it was announced today by VP/General Manager Pete Babcock.

He replaces Nazr Mohammed on the active roster. Mohammed was placed on the injured list today due to a stress fracture, fifth metatarsal in his right foot. He's expected to miss four-to-six weeks.

Read the entire article:

http://hawks.realgm.com/index.php

He's never going to be an impact player but from what I remember, he's pretty physical and plays tenacious D. I think he will be a better option at backup Center than Harvey. I'm sure Massenberg is out of the price range that Babs was willing to pay so McCaskill will do. At least we have a backup Center now.

• Admin

I don't know what his stats are (H,W) But when I saw him on the court in shoot around he was bigger than anyone else on our squad and he seems fairly nimble out there. maybe it was just me, but my GF commented that he looked HUGe compared to everyone else on our team. If he's got some skillz I can see him sticking around for a while.

Remember Gray Mule saying, "We need a "Tractor Trailer"

type center to come in and bang for a few minutes."

Could this be him?? Don't know anything about him, but

he seems to fit this description.

Gray Mule

Very good pickup, a good banger.

The Spurs were reluctant to trade him to the Blazers

The Blazers were reluctant to let him go (but Boom Boom was cheaper and younger)

The Pistons wanted him badly but he didn't want to be on the IR

The Hawks got him and he's going to be a fine defensive presence for when Theo sits. I love this pickup.

our need is more a center so I think McCaskill is going to be a better fit. I think Harvey would look a lot better playing alongside Theo or Nazr than he does playing in place of them. The problem is that we have a lot of guys who can play PF and few who can play center.