• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks vs KG...Its On!...pax for tv...chatroom!

f_town

Quote:

it will be because of foul shooting. Right now they are

12-24 from the line.

Bad teams usally find any and everyway to lose games.

Losing to other teams bench, getting out rebounded, missing ft's, no playing good defense, making stupid fouls. You name it, bad teams find every possible way NOT to win.

The Hawks outscored them in the paint 52-39. When was the last time that happened?

Minny was forced to shoot jump shots and unfortunately they were making a lot of them. But they had to work for their points, which makes a difference.

If the Hawks shot just average from the line this wouldn't have come down to the last posession.

• Premium Member

The zone the Hawks used a lot tonight worked great! I didn't get a chance to watch the game until this morning; it sure was a great way to start the day. They played like a TEAM. Everyone was having fun and helping each other out on defense. This makes me excited about next year.

Go Hawks!!! laugh.gif

• Premium Member

It's easy to score in the paint when the other team doesn't box out.

I'm not trying to discourage anything, just putting a little truth into this..

Last night, we got 17 offensive rebounds. That's 4 more than our average. If you watched the game, you know that Minny did nothing to stop our offensive boards.

The other thing which I applaud was JSmoove's ability to drive and dish. He is getting better at this. I think he's still gravitating towards being a Sf and not a PF.

Moreover, the context of my argument that we lack post scoring is not our ability to score on a drive and dish.. lord knows I would love a PG who could do this full time. It is on the basis that NONE of our other Hawks have ANY Low post scoring moves. We can't live on the drive and dish forever because teams with better interior defense will appear and they will stop the dribble before the drive starts.. in those cases, when we are in a true halfcourt game, we will need a halfcourt low post scorer.. Either somebody will have to step up. Right now, I don't think Marvin's 8 points will scare anybody.

Anything we need out of the post we can get from posting JJ and ZZ....Al is not needed in Atlanta.

Al has turned into a jumpshooter and whatever few post points he gives us are hardly ever in crunch time.

Labels....If KG is a PF ....then Smoove can be a PF...only post move KG has is a turn around jumper.

• Premium Member

Just because you hate AL or the thought of keeping Al don't say that we don't need a low post scorer???

That's just not a smart way to try to solve the hawks problems...

"I hate Al".. " We don't need a Low post Scorer"...

The two thoughts are totally unrelated.

The truth is:

We do need a LOW post scorer...

If we lose Al, we lose our only low post scorer.

That's not saying we must keep Al. That's saying that if we want to be competitive, we have to have a low post scorer.

Now Swole..

At this point, you can either be a Hawks fan and agree with me.. or you can let your Al hate continue to make you say foolish lies.

So now Minny is a bad defensive team and that is why the Hawks scored inside? More nonsense.

The fact is that Minny gives up only 93.66 ppg. Only 7 teams give up fewer pts. And teams are shooting only 44% against them on the season.

You can make excuses all you want but the bottom line is that the Hawks had no problem scoring inside without Al.

"At this point, you can either be a Hawks fan and agree with me"

Like I said this team as is right now...anything we need from the low post we can get from JJ and ZZ....Al is not needed in Atlanta.

What we need are bigs who play D and rebound.

If I had an option of posting Al or JJ ...it would be JJ all day long.

Al is not the post presence you make him out to be, u need to pay attention.